2001 LE Love Rocks - thoughts

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
I have been doing a ton of research into the Japanese Love Rocks as I am working on changing the guitars page and came upon this conclusion.

The 2001 LE Love Rocks may have been the single best bargain ever for a guitar.

Why? Other than the scarf neck joint these guitars are almost identicle to the LS320's for about 1/3rd of the price. Just wanted to through this out there.

Ned

Hi Ned,

Thanks for your kind words about the 2001 LE guitars. I couldn't agree with you more. The aim of those guitars are that they used the same wood as the Japanese LS70, they were serial numbered. This limited run has become quite the item in my home area and abroad and sparked ALOT of controversy mainly among other stores that couldn't carry the model...It was my brainchild.

My store and myself personally were attacked a few times concerning my honesty in saying that the guitars were Japanese Styled. It turned out (I have my sources) that some dealers and others I considered friends in the industry were upset that I was the sole dealer of the instruments and all hell broke loose! Let me say however that in retrospect I agree that it was possible that people may have been mislead. It was never my intention. However as soon as a complaint was brought up I took immediate steps for some sort of remedy.

I would also like to say that I harbor no ill will to any of the competition or my detractors and that I am basically just a guitar player with a music store and a zest for high quality instruments at great prices...yes I am a Tokai fan, as are hundreds of my customers, without whom my store's success would not be possible.

2002 will be a great year for Tokai, especially for the US market and I look forward to serving all the "Tokai Nuts" for a long time to come.

I am excited that I will be meeting some of my musical hero's and fellow Tokai users this year and I promise to share any pictures that I take.

There is some exciting stuff coming soon...you won't believe your eyes...and yes...your ears!

Thanks for listening and take care,
Keep up the great work Ned!

Mike Palermo
Mikes Music Canada

Latest posts

Back