Any ideas on what this is?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jertum

Reaction score
It's going for ?400 at the moment. Doesn't seem to be genuine Gibson and the seller isn't giving much away. Any ideas on what it might be? Looks nice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Les-Paul-Soapbar-Guitar_W0QQitemZ150337574229QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item150337574229&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

From the wording of the advert, I suspect he described it as a Gibson, but the ad was pulled as it isn't a Gibson. If it's a knockoff, it's a very expensive one!

:eek:

Mike

Somebody paid ?486 for that!

:eek:

Jeez....

Rather them than me. I paid less than that for my LS85S a year ago!

LoL, I asked the seller about this while it was live, and after it had finished he sent me a mail to say that the winning bidder hadnt paid.
I was hoping it was a tokai rebadged or something as the guy in our local music has one like that.

Back in the 90's Texas guitarist and owner of the Dallas Guitar Show Jimmie Wallace had a shop off of Hi-way 635 in Dallas and he had some Les Pauls made ( by the Gibson Factory} with the soap bar pick ups. They were vintage specs with the exception of the P-90s.I played a couple of them and loved them!!! I heard later from an employee at the shop that they were a hard sell so they sent some back to Gibson to be retro fitted with Humbuckers. The" Jimmie Wallace LP's" are some of the most "correct" examples of the vintage spec guitars Gibson has made. Could be one of them?

Latest posts

Back