Fender Vibroverb 63 Re-issue

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry, it'll look much darker when in situ - see this example:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417YrbHM2VL._SL500_AA250_.jpg

This photo shows the cloth laid down and photographed with a flash, and the cloth in place on an amp.

Edit: another example of beige-brown in place:

http://www.vintage-vibe.net/Images/Projects/THD_Lookalike.jpg

Just checked what yours is supposed to be - it's wheat (same as brown-beige). Should be a perfect match, but it'll look a bit strange at first because it's so new (especially if the tolex has discoloured a bit). Give it time though.

I suspect your camera has done your amp a disservice in your original pic and overdone the colour; there's an unnatural purple tinge to things. That said, even this might be too bright for what it'll finally look like:

mike.png

Blimey, how did you do that? :eek: It must be witchcraft... :-?

This is the most recent photo I have, for comparison purposes. So you reckon it's a good match then, bearing in mind that the original cloth is (I assume) over 15 years old?

IMG_1162.jpg

Absolutely. And once you've done a few gigs with it, it'll soon lose that too-new vibe. There are aging techniques for these too - staining with coffee and tea etc - if you can be bothered!

I can't be bothered! Thanks a lot Alan (& Dave too), nice work. I'll give my UK supplier a couple of days to sort something out, & if not I'll use the German company, despite the awful exchange rate.

yeah, the exchange rate's horrible at the moment, that's why I haven't ordered anything from them. :( I'm not too sure about the specific colours, i just knew that they did several fender grillcloths... and as i said, I haven't ordered from them, so don't know how good they are. :)

Well I'm stuck for choice, thanks to Fender's useless distribution. Mind you, we're assuming that the German company has the cloth in stock......

hahaha, good point :D

by the way, if you're willing to wait (and assuming postage isn't a lot), thomann also stocks samples for about 30 cents- might be worth getting a few of those if you want to make sure the grillcloth will match.

Just spotted this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-WHEAT-SPEAKER-GRILLE-CLOTH_W0QQitemZ120402638633QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item120402638633&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Excellent! Thanks John.

What a wonderful forum this is. I was just thinking the other day that I should enquire in the Fender Forum, but I thought I would ask the people who I trust first - & you've come up trumps as usual.

:p :p :p

:cry:

Well it's still costing me more than it would have done if the original on-line shop had it in stock.

Actually I didn't know he had accepted my offer till you posted your insult - no confirmation e.mail from eBay.

I hate that too - everything about eBay screams that it should be cheaper for pretty much anything, but when a real web shop (with all its merchant services overheads and advertising revenue) can undercut some bloke on eBay selling second hand cloth, there's something wrong...

AlanN said:
Tsk, tsk, tsk, Michael Stratman. Who adds 75p to an offer?! :D

I've had people offer me stranger sums than that when I've been selling stuff! And I always bid odd sums when it's an auction. Force of habit I guess.

Anyway, what's this? Gang up on Mike day?

Back