My one, my only, my precioussssss!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainblack

Reaction score
It arrived today 6th April in Stockport having been posted in Lima Peru on 20th March. In one piece - well 2 actually - Renzo had taken off the strings and that neck to bubble wrap the neck and body separately and in thick layers. Then packed in a box with foam sheeting.

So far no duty to pay - not requested on delivery, do they post a bill separately?

So, ladies and gents, presenting Red! :

DSC03576.jpg

DSC03568.jpg

I can't wait to get the scratch plate off and check the code and pick ups then give her a good clean. New strings, plug her in and rock out. I love it!!!!! I will share more over the weekend.

Now then Mr Black , with such an excellent photograph it should`nt be difficult to track you down. I`m sure you didn`t realise that the Tokai forum is required reading for Her Majesty`s Customs officers.Now then what part of Liverpool,Walton?Old Swan?West Derby?It`s just amatter of time Wack.

besides, they weren't interested in the guitar, it was the bags of white powder that they want to talk to me about. I thought it was rust inhibitor but they said something about peruvian dancing dust!

('only joking' button engaged!)

iainblack said:
who says I don't already work for HM C&E La!

I do! You e.mailed me a couple of times.

Jammy sod, I always get stung by the b******s.

So pleased for you Ian, you are blessed with that.

I reckon it's travelled at least 18,000 miles, did you get to know any of it's previous history?

Thanks for the comments guys. It is an ST 55 Springy in MR. It was bought in Japan (will get date) and taken back to peru, then sold to me by the purchasers friend.

I am going to take the scratchplate off tonight to get the internal codes and pick ups just to check pedigree and then give her a good clean and polish.

More photos - you will be sick of it by the end of next week!! I will then start the group photos!!!

Very nice and so is the axe!
well if MR parcel force delivered it your home and dry on the duty as they bill before delivery, U.P.S charge on delivery
AFAIK only fed ex bill after delivery

Congrats, looks beautiful, hope it doesn't turn into a bunny boiler. Anyway there must be a story behind how you located and secured a peruvian toklai, is there a threrad somewhere???
I have a UK MR with matching head which I love, block logo which I love ( but I'm having a bit of spagetti envy at the mo :cry: ).

Hoping to share some of my guitars soon now I have bought my first digital camera :oops:

Iain, what is the neck code, my 1980 FO with matching stock has
052F0,no =sign,this bears no resemblance to the body code.

Cheers.

More photos. Matching neck and body (dont know what the X stands for?), U pick ups and cleaning required all over!

DSC03571.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

DSC03581.jpg

Latest posts

Back