Tokai's, whats the big deal.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roadrunner 451 said:
Hello all,

Paladin2019: It wasn't a troll post, at least I don't think so, not sure what that is. I wasn't aware that the nickel paint was the "high dollar" way to go, my bad. I guess I just like the old school way of the stamped metal pan in the controll cavity. As far as the setup goes, yah your right. The setup may have been pretty **** good as it left the factory, but the trip to the eastern side of the U.S. and back again to the west coast another 2000 miles or so away probably played havoc with the original setup.I would guess any guitar could have some setup issues after a trip like that.

A troll is a person who posts on internet boards with the intent of causing trouble - it's obvious now that you're not such a person!

Let us know how the setup affects things - be sure to send it to someone you trust!

Hello all,

Well I got my Gold top back from the shop yesterday after having sent it in for a set up. After giving it a work out last night (thank goodness for the headphone jack on my Vox Valvetronix) I can honostley say it's the nicest playing guitar I own. The action is low with NO string buzz at all, and the intonation is now perfect, however it took all the adjustment the Gotoh bridge had to dial it in. The guy dressed out the frets as well, so no more sharp edges. As far as how it sounds, I haven't had too much time with it plugged in to an amp at ridiculous volume, but my initial impression is it sounds really good. The Gotoh soapbars are probably the best stock pickups on any guitar I've ever owned. I may eventually replace them, but maybe not, they do sound good.

So now I can say I now Know what the big deal is with Tokai's(made in Japan ones anyway). Great playability, great tone, and great looks all at a very reasonable price.

Regards,
Bill

Buying a new guitar,

....a bit like taking a girl on a first date. You want her to go all the way after you've spent loads of money wining, dining and feeding her a load of bullsh1t about how fine a woman she is.....mighty fine in fact.

However, deep in your groin you know it ain't gonna happen. So you have to spend a little more money, give her a little more attention and set things up just right so that she eventually becomes putty in your hands.

Then.......BINGO! :D :D :D She's begging to be played with :eek: ......hopefully :-?

Back