Shed pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Shed is a UK pickup maker - has anyone tried their pickups?

http://www.shedpickups.com/pickups.asp?pgtitle=Pickups

no, but if you do try them i wouldn't mind hearing what you think- i was half thinking about getting a set for my edwards LP... though knowing me that'll take a while before i get round to it... :lol:

Interesting to read about Shed pickups around here. I have a set of PAF daddys on order from him to install on a Tokai I have. I?ll review them later..

Oh, I guess I assumed that they were only really known in the UK. What made you choose Shed?

I read lots of posts from him at several Internet forums where he?s quite an active member. It seems that he really knows a lot about vintage Humbuckers and how they?re made.

Besides, with the current Euro-Pound exchange rate, his prices are quite good and cheaper than the usual handmade pickup makers from the US.

OK, that's good to know. Spencer is a helpful guy, he's wax potted a few pickups for me, including the bridge pickup from my TE70 - changed it from a useless howling thing to an excellent pickup.

I would actually quite like to support a small UK business, in these difficult times. It certainly worked with Cornell.

Look forward to your review.

:p

yeah, i meant the humbuckers :oops: , though to be honest if you try any of his pickups it'd give a rough idea of the general quality etc.

looking forward to the review too, alpedra. :)

stratman323 said:
Shed is a UK pickup maker - has anyone tried their pickups?

http://www.shedpickups.com/pickups.asp?pgtitle=Pickups

Never tried them myself, Mike but I have read glowing praise in Guitar & Bass (UK) Magazine. The writer had commissioned Spencer to make a few sets for a series of DIY relic articles. I believe that Welsh Luthier & repairer Dave Dearnaley (spelling?) uses Shed Pickups too.

Back