MIK Tokai Love Rock Model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance you can get the seller to take a pic of the back of the headstock?
If it looks like this:
3382853177_0abe92dae6.jpg

Then it's a fake.

Hi, I saw that guitar the other day, it had exactly information printed on the back of the headstock.
I think the seller removed this picture.. :roll: "make" in Korea, hehe..

Thanks for sharing your nowledge.

You may have seen a pic like it, but I took that one last night, and am not trying to sell the guitar I just bought. Mine is fake, as I have found out, but a very nice fake. That guitar looks similar to mine but the headstock has a different cut at the top, has 3 screws in the trussrod cover , mine has 1. The Tokai logo is also slightly different. So if it is a fake, its a different fake than mine.

It looks to me like a chinese model,( I own one) but i'm not an expert.

I dont think they make the Love Rocks in Korea anymore , And as ozeshin said if the back of the headstock looks like the pic, then it's a fake, but if not I think it's safe to say it's Chinese.
That's not a bad thing , the only issue I had where the machine heads but I changed them for some Gotoh's which are much better , and some of the MIC models have sloppy finnishes, but I got lucky with mine and if you can't afford a MIJ tokai check out a few MIC Models and pick the best you can find, Mine plays and sounds better than my Epiphone that I payed a couple of hundred dollars more for ( If I only knew about Tokai earlier) :oops:

Thanks for all the help people but I think I will give it a miss on this one.
Seller selling it at around US$430.

Latest posts

Back