Pot Upgrade For An NLS70F ...What Size?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to be replacing the pots and caps on my NLS70F Love Rock. I will be ordering a set of 500k CTS pots and I need to know which size (long shaft or short) will fit my guitar. Thanks

Short. I wired up my LS200 with long-shaft push-pulls and had to have the holes reamed out as the shafts wouldn't fit through. The length issue was easily fixed through use of an additional nut & washer on the other side of the hole.

You'll definately hear a big improvement with new electronics. What caps are you getting?

I'm getting Sprague Orange Drops .022 caps. The CTS volume pots are tested and come in over 500k, the tone pots are 500k but within normal variances. I'm also going to put in a set of Duncan pick ups: a 59 neck and either a 59 or Custom 5 bridge. The neck will be zebra, the bridge double cream. Should look real nice with the Violin Finish on my Love Rock. You can get double cream Duncans without running into copyright problems with Dimarzio. They just have to be shipped with a cover. Just ask for the cover to be "lightly soldered". :lol: I'm in Canada, but I'm getting all this stuff through Black Rose Custom in the States. Great prices and great service!

loverockerUK said:
BigTimeOperator said:
You can get double cream Duncans without running into copyright problems with Dimarzio.

<Off topic alert!> I never understood how everyone else deferred to Dimarzio on this. Double-white bobbins were a Gibson happenstance 'invention' back in the '50s, so how on earth did the &#@~! lawyers claim it was Dimarzio's idea. :evil:
From what I understand Duncan spent a pile of money on lawsuits trying to get that copyright thrown out. The issue isn't who "invented" the double creme color scheme, rather on the fact that Dimarzio copyrighted it. As a matter of fact they even have a copyright on the word "creme" as it applies to descriptions of guitar pick ups. It's really no big deal though. You just have to spend $15.00 on a cover (that will be loose BTW) that you won't use. :wink:

Latest posts

Back