• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS- Tokai LP Custom on USA ebay with the gibson shaped heads

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, old chap, I don't give a ****.

Toodle pip! (Just to keep Oz happy.. :roll: )

Guys here are some facts (for what its worth)

I live in England (just got back from a meeting in Swindon), if you check my IP (Ned please do)it will show either a sky broadband, Vodaphone mobile or Regus office. You can also check my ebay profile krameree (you will see I just got a Rivera combo and a parker) and you will see I bought stuff in the USA (when my paypal account was linked to my USA bank account and now buy in the UK as I no longer have a USA account)

Have i lived in the USA, YES.. Milwaukee WI, Austin TX. Did I setup Randall and vintage amps accounts YES.. I used Randall amps and purchased Marshall,Hiwatt in the UK to sell in the USA. You will notice I've not used the vintage amps forum in years and the randall was last used to sell my USA kit in the UK. I also dont have an USA ebay or Paypal account or bank account for that matter.

Is this Tokai mine? No, is it my friends?No... Is it my brothers? No..I'm looking for a guitar for my brother. He thought he had the cash to by a Gibson Custom, didnt buy when he moved over and now regrets it as his UKP is worth alot less)I also didnt see anyone else with Tokai guitars so thought a Tokai would be a cool buy. Hell I even took my guitars to guitar center to show how good they were and see if they could start stocking them (yes they could but with a USA domestic design headstock, like a epiphone design)

"yeah right but its in Milwaukee" Milwaukee postcode covers hundreds of miles. I search for guitar in Milwaukee and Austin as you can get some deals on guitars that someone wont ship and I have friends that will collect, pay for the item on collection and I can wire them cash.

If I wanted to promote this item I would have just done it!!! I asked for advice for a couple of reasons

I was sold LP custom Tokais as model ALC70, when I look at this it looks different. Key points
1.Tuners, mine had tulip not button
2.Mine had Made in Japan on the back of the neck
3.The headstock has more detail than mine (this has extra outline lines)
4.the body looks to be either thicker or have a deeper carve
5.The binding goes over the fret (mine went on top)

When I asked about this guitar I wanted to know if anyone else noticed anything different. When the nitro came up I thought as this is listed as a higher model it must have had a refinish. Hence asking the nitro questions.

I was also told that in order to get a Tokai built to the same specs as a Gibson, ie nitro, one piece back, deep neck, etc I had to custom order a 320 or for more of a standard build a 200.

Some of you blokes have been really nasty and using language I wouldnt want children to see.

I bought Tokais from Musicground, Coda and ebay and joined this forum in 2005 after musicground had a big sale. Mainly to help differentiate models but to figure out if I was going mad in thinking they were better than gibson. I've never been given such abuse over asking a question and certain members jumping to conclusion. Mental, p~~~k, liar!!!! I think its disgusting

PS for the people who were cool, thanks and I wish you all the best and good health

Guys here are some facts (for what its worth)

I live in England (just got back from a meeting in Swindon), if you check my IP (Ned please do)it will show either a sky broadband, Vodaphone mobile or Regus office. You can also check my ebay profile krameree (you will see I just got a Rivera combo and a parker) and you will see I bought stuff in the USA (when my paypal account was linked to my USA bank account and now buy in the UK as I no longer have a USA account)

Have i lived in the USA, YES.. Milwaukee WI, Austin TX. Did I setup Randall and vintage amps accounts YES.. I used Randall amps and purchased Marshall,Hiwatt in the UK to sell in the USA. You will notice I've not used the vintage amps forum in years and the randall was last used to sell my USA kit in the UK. I also dont have an USA ebay or Paypal account or bank account for that matter.

Is this Tokai mine? No, is it my friends?No... Is it my brothers? No..I'm looking for a guitar for my brother. He thought he had the cash to by a Gibson Custom, didnt buy when he moved over and now regrets it as his UKP is worth alot less)I also didnt see anyone else with Tokai guitars so thought a Tokai would be a cool buy. Hell I even took my guitars to guitar center to show how good they were and see if they could start stocking them (yes they could but with a USA domestic design headstock, like a epiphone design)

"yeah right but its in Milwaukee" Milwaukee postcode covers hundreds of miles. I search for guitar in Milwaukee and Austin as you can get some deals on guitars that someone wont ship and I have friends that will collect, pay for the item on collection and I can wire them cash.

If I wanted to promote this item I would have just done it!!! I asked for advice for a couple of reasons

I was sold LP custom Tokais as model ALC70, when I look at this it looks different. Key points
1.Tuners, mine had tulip not button
2.Mine had Made in Japan on the back of the neck
3.The headstock has more detail than mine (this has extra outline lines)
4.the body looks to be either thicker or have a deeper carve
5.The binding goes over the fret (mine went on top)

When I asked about this guitar I wanted to know if anyone else noticed anything different. When the nitro came up I thought as this is listed as a higher model it must have had a refinish. Hence asking the nitro questions.

I was also told that in order to get a Tokai built to the same specs as a Gibson, ie nitro, one piece back, deep neck, etc I had to custom order a 320 or for more of a standard build a 200.

Some of you blokes have been really nasty and using language I wouldnt want children to see.

I bought Tokais from Musicground, Coda and ebay and joined this forum in 2005 after musicground had a big sale. Mainly to help differentiate models but to figure out if I was going mad in thinking they were better than gibson. I've never been given such abuse over asking a question and certain members jumping to conclusion. Mental, p~~~k, liar!!!! I think its disgusting

PS for the people who were cool, thanks and I wish you all the best and good health

:lol: Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Come on now, "mental" and "liar" are "disgusting" or "language I wouldnt want children to see"? I'm sorry for calling you a mental, you may think it's a much stronger insult than I do - but your persecution complex, straw man arguments and trolling of me and Bluefinger aren't doing you any favours in that direction!

And "prick" from an Aussie is just punctuation! ;)

stratman323!!! :lol: I thought Milwaukee was famous for Happy Days and Harleys!!

Anyhow AlanN ur probably right and as my youngest brother is practically and Aussie (he has been there almost 9 years) I should have known the "prick" was just punctuation. :D

Have a good day!

AlanN said:
:lol: Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Come on now, "mental" and "liar" are "disgusting" or "language I wouldnt want children to see"? I'm sorry for calling you a mental, you may think it's a much stronger insult than I do - but your persecution complex, straw man arguments and trolling of me and Bluefinger aren't doing you any favours in that direction!

And "prick" from an Aussie is just punctuation! ;)
HAHAHA..LMAO Alan..."punctuation"...the man doth speak true.
Jolly good show Mike old bean 8)
Topic has run it's course for me anyways...ello ello ello...wats all vis den..moove along nuffin to see ere(i watch the Bill far too much :eek: )

It's aired for years on free to air tv(ABC...like the BBC..Govt run TV)BUT...on our cable network you get UKTV1 and UKTV2...there's pretty much NO UK tv shows that we don't get.
My fave at the moment is The Street..man I love that show.

Back