• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS- Tokai LP Custom on USA ebay with the gibson shaped heads

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MEH...Aussies are quick to fire up John...you should know that by now...we also aren't shy of calling a spade a shovel :p

Oops and as the Ausi Ozeshin has just added his 10 pence worth. Read the post mate (can you read!) and understand when someone calls you mental or p***k, as you kindly wrote it's not really helpfull. Then again ur an Ausi so you wouldnt understand (sorry all you Ausi people but i wont lower myself to name calling like Ozeshin)

I posted what I did to get a non bias view as there are always identity probs with Tokais and question about tenon joints etc. I never said it was my guitar and I didnt want people hold back as they do saying "yeah it's a nice guitar". YES my post didnt come across well and AlanN and I had a bit of a ruck as I thought he ment the guitar was dodgy because it didnt have nitro when he ment to him, nitro is the way to go.

So Ozeshin, grow up and dont use language like that on this site. If your not being helpfull dont bother adding your 10p worth

Something else i would like to clear up, this is not a n entry level Tokai. For a start it has fret edge binding and there were definitely lesser custom models than this one, i am looking at the 2001 catalogue as i write. There were at least 3 models under this one. A LC95 from 2001 would probably now be equal to a 150 ..... not entry level at all.

Mick

Yes I can read, I missed AlanN's post, and yes I agree it looks like a bit of a sneaky attempt at pushing your own guitar! A 'for sale' ad in the classifieds might have got you a more sympathetic response.

OK, I'm in the UK and this is in the USA. My ebay user is krameree. why would I sell a guitar from the UK to the USA when the pound is so weak.

this is the first "normal headstock" tokai I've seen in the USA

How the hell did we get here again?
Ah ok....re-reading Alan's post he jumped to the conclusion that you and the seller were one and the same....I took his post as gospel and was holding the rope for the lynching.
I DO apologize...I did grasp the incorrect end of the bashing stick it would seem.
Us "Aussies" tend to believe that if you're dishonest(no matter what the motivation)it says a lot about the character of a man.
Again...I apologise 8)
So to clear this up once and for all..is that your brother's auction and is that his guitar?

Sneaky??? how???
this came about over a misunderstanding about the correct finish on a guitar. Read the posts.

I said unhelpfull about AlanN post when he called me mental, can you tell me how calling someone mental or a p~~~k is helpfull??

Ozeshin said:
How the hell did we get here again?
Ah ok....re-reading Alan's post he jumped to the conclusion that you and the seller were one and the same....I took his post as gospel and was holding the rope for the lynching.
I DO apologize...I did grasp the incorrect end of the bashing stick it would seem.
Us "Aussies" tend to believe that if you're dishonest(no matter what the motivation)it says a lot about the character of a man.
Again...I apologise 8)
So to clear this up once and for all..is that your brother's auction and is that his guitar?
^update^

Popcorn....hmmm!!!

Anyhow this has gone on toooooooooo long. Ausi friends enjoy the weather we never have, USA friends enjoy the strong dollar and UK friends enjoy having to pay a fortune for everything

Signing out!

Krameree

Oze: no need to apologise.

From forums.vintageamps.com

Username: krameree

From Grailtone.com

Username: krameree

eBay item location
Midwest USA (I'll give you 10 points for guessing a major city in the midwest?).

Why are you even bothering continuing this charade? I bet Ned can confirm your IP addresses jumping across the pond since you first posted here too.

AlanN said:
Tokai? :-? Never heard of them. How about you, Bluefinger?

Nope ...

but honestly. I was also only refering to the "horrible nitro" remark. All this better/worse talk doesn't make any sense. I think there is snobbery on both sides ... at least among those who think they are on one side or another. A godd guitar is a good guitar. I enjoy my Gibsons, Fenders, Tokais, Guilds, whatever. They all know how to make a good guitar, they all make mistakes and they all take shortcuts for cost reasons. It's all about finding the right guitar. If the name on the headstock makes a difference for you then it'S your choice but I don't think you are doing yourself a favour if you are ruling out a great instrument just because it was made (or not made) by a certain company.

OMFG ALAN...So my first impression and character reference(sneaky prick) still applies?
Like I said...a person who can't be honest...see above :p
Especially as he's keeping up this "I'm British watch me mention pounds and pence again..pip pip cheerio" bullsh!t. :roll:

I'm sure he's British, and lived in England, and that the guitar is 100% above board (bought in Music Ground in Leeds six years ago etc). The guitar looks great, and it's a good price as far as I know for the states.

I just don't buy the "I was browsing..." story.

Latest posts

Back