Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS- Tokai LP Custom on USA ebay with the gibson shaped heads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozeshin wrote:
How the hell did we get here again?
Ah ok....re-reading Alan's post he jumped to the conclusion that you and the seller were one and the same....I took his post as gospel and was holding the rope for the lynching.
I DO apologize...I did grasp the incorrect end of the bashing stick it would seem.
Us "Aussies" tend to believe that if you're dishonest(no matter what the motivation)it says a lot about the character of a man.
Again...I apologise
So to clear this up once and for all..is that your brother's auction and is that his guitar?

^update^
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait for a second guys ....my popcorn is just about ready.....

Mick
krameree
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popcorn....hmmm!!!

Anyhow this has gone on toooooooooo long. Ausi friends enjoy the weather we never have, USA friends enjoy the strong dollar and UK friends enjoy having to pay a fortune for everything

Signing out!

Krameree
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oze: no need to apologise.

From forums.vintageamps.com

Username: krameree

From Grailtone.com

Username: krameree

eBay item location
Midwest USA (I'll give you 10 points for guessing a major city in the midwest?).

Why are you even bothering continuing this charade? I bet Ned can confirm your IP addresses jumping across the pond since you first posted here too.
Bluefinger
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanN wrote:
Tokai? Never heard of them. How about you, Bluefinger?

Nope ...

but honestly. I was also only refering to the "horrible nitro" remark. All this better/worse talk doesn't make any sense. I think there is snobbery on both sides ... at least among those who think they are on one side or another. A godd guitar is a good guitar. I enjoy my Gibsons, Fenders, Tokais, Guilds, whatever. They all know how to make a good guitar, they all make mistakes and they all take shortcuts for cost reasons. It's all about finding the right guitar. If the name on the headstock makes a difference for you then it'S your choice but I don't think you are doing yourself a favour if you are ruling out a great instrument just because it was made (or not made) by a certain company.
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG ALAN...So my first impression and character reference(sneaky prick) still applies?
Like I said...a person who can't be honest...see above
Especially as he's keeping up this "I'm British watch me mention pounds and pence again..pip pip cheerio" bullsh!t.
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozeshin wrote:
..pip pip cheerio" bullsh!t.

Pip pip cheerio?

That's a breakfast cereal isn't it?
Bluefinger
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Ozeshin wrote:
..pip pip cheerio" bullsh!t.

Pip pip cheerio?

That's a breakfast cereal isn't it?

... then I hope that "pip pip cheerio bullsh!t" isn't a special flavored one
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he's British, and lived in England, and that the guitar is 100% above board (bought in Music Ground in Leeds six years ago etc). The guitar looks great, and it's a good price as far as I know for the states.

I just don't buy the "I was browsing..." story.
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, old chap, I don't give a damn.

Toodle pip! (Just to keep Oz happy.. )
Bluefinger
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:

Toodle pip!

Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word?
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluefinger wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word?

It's an Australian thing, don't worry about it!

krameree
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys here are some facts (for what its worth)

I live in England (just got back from a meeting in Swindon), if you check my IP (Ned please do)it will show either a sky broadband, Vodaphone mobile or Regus office. You can also check my ebay profile krameree (you will see I just got a Rivera combo and a parker) and you will see I bought stuff in the USA (when my paypal account was linked to my USA bank account and now buy in the UK as I no longer have a USA account)

Have i lived in the USA, YES.. Milwaukee WI, Austin TX. Did I setup Randall and vintage amps accounts YES.. I used Randall amps and purchased Marshall,Hiwatt in the UK to sell in the USA. You will notice I've not used the vintage amps forum in years and the randall was last used to sell my USA kit in the UK. I also dont have an USA ebay or Paypal account or bank account for that matter.

Is this Tokai mine? No, is it my friends?No... Is it my brothers? No..I'm looking for a guitar for my brother. He thought he had the cash to by a Gibson Custom, didnt buy when he moved over and now regrets it as his UKP is worth alot less)I also didnt see anyone else with Tokai guitars so thought a Tokai would be a cool buy. Hell I even took my guitars to guitar center to show how good they were and see if they could start stocking them (yes they could but with a USA domestic design headstock, like a epiphone design)

"yeah right but its in Milwaukee" Milwaukee postcode covers hundreds of miles. I search for guitar in Milwaukee and Austin as you can get some deals on guitars that someone wont ship and I have friends that will collect, pay for the item on collection and I can wire them cash.

If I wanted to promote this item I would have just done it!!! I asked for advice for a couple of reasons

I was sold LP custom Tokais as model ALC70, when I look at this it looks different. Key points
1.Tuners, mine had tulip not button
2.Mine had Made in Japan on the back of the neck
3.The headstock has more detail than mine (this has extra outline lines)
4.the body looks to be either thicker or have a deeper carve
5.The binding goes over the fret (mine went on top)

When I asked about this guitar I wanted to know if anyone else noticed anything different. When the nitro came up I thought as this is listed as a higher model it must have had a refinish. Hence asking the nitro questions.

I was also told that in order to get a Tokai built to the same specs as a Gibson, ie nitro, one piece back, deep neck, etc I had to custom order a 320 or for more of a standard build a 200.

Some of you blokes have been really nasty and using language I wouldnt want children to see.

I bought Tokais from Musicground, Coda and ebay and joined this forum in 2005 after musicground had a big sale. Mainly to help differentiate models but to figure out if I was going mad in thinking they were better than gibson. I've never been given such abuse over asking a question and certain members jumping to conclusion. Mental, p~~~k, liar!!!! I think its disgusting

PS for the people who were cool, thanks and I wish you all the best and good health

Last edited by krameree on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
krameree
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys here are some facts (for what its worth)

I live in England (just got back from a meeting in Swindon), if you check my IP (Ned please do)it will show either a sky broadband, Vodaphone mobile or Regus office. You can also check my ebay profile krameree (you will see I just got a Rivera combo and a parker) and you will see I bought stuff in the USA (when my paypal account was linked to my USA bank account and now buy in the UK as I no longer have a USA account)

Have i lived in the USA, YES.. Milwaukee WI, Austin TX. Did I setup Randall and vintage amps accounts YES.. I used Randall amps and purchased Marshall,Hiwatt in the UK to sell in the USA. You will notice I've not used the vintage amps forum in years and the randall was last used to sell my USA kit in the UK. I also dont have an USA ebay or Paypal account or bank account for that matter.

Is this Tokai mine? No, is it my friends?No... Is it my brothers? No..I'm looking for a guitar for my brother. He thought he had the cash to by a Gibson Custom, didnt buy when he moved over and now regrets it as his UKP is worth alot less)I also didnt see anyone else with Tokai guitars so thought a Tokai would be a cool buy. Hell I even took my guitars to guitar center to show how good they were and see if they could start stocking them (yes they could but with a USA domestic design headstock, like a epiphone design)

"yeah right but its in Milwaukee" Milwaukee postcode covers hundreds of miles. I search for guitar in Milwaukee and Austin as you can get some deals on guitars that someone wont ship and I have friends that will collect, pay for the item on collection and I can wire them cash.

If I wanted to promote this item I would have just done it!!! I asked for advice for a couple of reasons

I was sold LP custom Tokais as model ALC70, when I look at this it looks different. Key points
1.Tuners, mine had tulip not button
2.Mine had Made in Japan on the back of the neck
3.The headstock has more detail than mine (this has extra outline lines)
4.the body looks to be either thicker or have a deeper carve
5.The binding goes over the fret (mine went on top)

When I asked about this guitar I wanted to know if anyone else noticed anything different. When the nitro came up I thought as this is listed as a higher model it must have had a refinish. Hence asking the nitro questions.

I was also told that in order to get a Tokai built to the same specs as a Gibson, ie nitro, one piece back, deep neck, etc I had to custom order a 320 or for more of a standard build a 200.

Some of you blokes have been really nasty and using language I wouldnt want children to see.

I bought Tokais from Musicground, Coda and ebay and joined this forum in 2005 after musicground had a big sale. Mainly to help differentiate models but to figure out if I was going mad in thinking they were better than gibson. I've never been given such abuse over asking a question and certain members jumping to conclusion. Mental, p~~~k, liar!!!! I think its disgusting

PS for the people who were cool, thanks and I wish you all the best and good health
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: