Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS- Tokai LP Custom on USA ebay with the gibson shaped heads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krameree wrote:
So have you ever thought about being helpfull on this site???

I think you'll find that the vast majority of people find this a very helpful forum - check the old posts. And if you do that, you'll find that two of the people who often help others are John & Alan.

Now, shall I go and play one of my nitro finished Tokais, or one of my poly finished Tokais?
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial comment was purely to do with the auction stating that nitro was a horrible finish. I'm happy with you preferring poly - different strokes for different folks - but dismissing nitro as "horrible" will always get you some baffled replies. Like John said - and I think he's being conservative with 90% - most players prefer the feel of nitro (I personally believe the "tone improvement" is a load of guff).

The guitar is fine! I wasn't implying anything about it.

You didn't ask an opinion; you invented some strange story to back up you posting the link ("just searching for a good Tokai LP custom in the USA for my bro in the USA and came across this"). No idea why, we're all happy with eBay links here - and more than happy to give out info.

I think you'll find me much more helpful when I'm not asked if I have a clue about Tokais in reply to a throwaway post about your strange poly preference!
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Alan..we don't like sneaky pricks here...PERIOD..!!!
As for being helpful?
We have a new member to these forums who can't even tune a guitar yet let alone play it and maybe you should go read THAT thread to see what HIS opinion has been of the help that he's been given.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12873
If you had been up front about you bullsh!t post to begin with you may have not put half the forum into defense mode..fair enough?
krameree
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK think we got cross wires here, Hey Ho! so lets put this thread to bed.
1 think good has come of this is the nitro debate! I'm going with the majority of guitar brands that dont use it (PRS, Tom Anderson, Tyler etc) however I've only played Gibson nitro (which I obviously hate) so maybe Tokai have got it right, they certainly build better LP guitars!

What about graphite??? ONLY JOKING!!!!!

Laters

Kramer

PS I'm not mental, the voices in my head can prove it!
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oze, bit harsh don't you think? I asume the thought are that krameree is the seller. krameree can you clear that up?
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so maybe Tokai have got it right, they certainly build better LP guitars!

At least we agree on ONE thing
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEH...Aussies are quick to fire up John...you should know that by now...we also aren't shy of calling a spade a shovel
krameree
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops and as the Ausi Ozeshin has just added his 10 pence worth. Read the post mate (can you read!) and understand when someone calls you mental or p***k, as you kindly wrote it's not really helpfull. Then again ur an Ausi so you wouldnt understand (sorry all you Ausi people but i wont lower myself to name calling like Ozeshin)

I posted what I did to get a non bias view as there are always identity probs with Tokais and question about tenon joints etc. I never said it was my guitar and I didnt want people hold back as they do saying "yeah it's a nice guitar". YES my post didnt come across well and AlanN and I had a bit of a ruck as I thought he ment the guitar was dodgy because it didnt have nitro when he ment to him, nitro is the way to go.

So Ozeshin, grow up and dont use language like that on this site. If your not being helpfull dont bother adding your 10p worth

Last edited by krameree on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else i would like to clear up, this is not a n entry level Tokai. For a start it has fret edge binding and there were definitely lesser custom models than this one, i am looking at the 2001 catalogue as i write. There were at least 3 models under this one. A LC95 from 2001 would probably now be equal to a 150 ..... not entry level at all.

Mick

Last edited by leadguitar_323 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can read, I missed AlanN's post, and yes I agree it looks like a bit of a sneaky attempt at pushing your own guitar! A 'for sale' ad in the classifieds might have got you a more sympathetic response.
krameree
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm in the UK and this is in the USA. My ebay user is krameree. why would I sell a guitar from the UK to the USA when the pound is so weak.

this is the first "normal headstock" tokai I've seen in the USA
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell did we get here again?
Ah ok....re-reading Alan's post he jumped to the conclusion that you and the seller were one and the same....I took his post as gospel and was holding the rope for the lynching.
I DO apologize...I did grasp the incorrect end of the bashing stick it would seem.
Us "Aussies" tend to believe that if you're dishonest(no matter what the motivation)it says a lot about the character of a man.
Again...I apologise
So to clear this up once and for all..is that your brother's auction and is that his guitar?

Last edited by Ozeshin on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

this is the first "normal headstock" tokai I've seen in the USA

I can say with all certainty there are 1000's of correct headstock Tokai's in the US. Half our members are from the US and they all have Tokai's.

Mick
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all those Cooking analogies Oze, whats for brekkie...

Mick
krameree
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaky??? how???
this came about over a misunderstanding about the correct finish on a guitar. Read the posts.

I said unhelpfull about AlanN post when he called me mental, can you tell me how calling someone mental or a p~~~k is helpfull??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: