parts?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Reaction score
where can one get oem parts for tokai guitars. the abr-1 on my reborn old is starting the infamous collapse.

They're all Gotoh so best contact your local supplier. Unfortunately Gotoh's rather superb website no longer exists. :cry:

The collapse is repairable (so says Dane Erlewine), but may I recommend a TonePros replacement?

i'm aware of tone pros. i'm not fully aware of their stock tho. does their bridge have the retaining wire?

The ABR-1 type on my 81' 335 suffered the same fate. Too much pressure over the break angle and down to the tailpiece made it sag.

I replaced it with a Gibson reissue ABR-1 in nickel with a retaining wireand it fitted straight on. The match is pretty good and the saddles don't fall out either if a string goes.

lasher said:
i'm aware of tone pros. i'm not fully aware of their stock tho. does their bridge have the retaining wire?

Yes. The AVR II (their ABR 1 replacement) has the correct dimensions and brass saddles with some additional quirks. The wire is cosmetic only. They use Nashville-style C clips and modified screws to hold the saddles in place even when the wire is off. Clever stuff!

That model only comes with un-notched saddles unfortunately. And on my 2001 Love Rock (with what seems to be an abr1/nashvillle hybrid) the posts were too wide to accomodate it so I had the thinner ones installed. Don't know if that would be true on older models with a proper abr1 style.

I may have included this question in another post, but i wondered about changing the bridge on my Love Rock for a tonepros

I thought that the posts had to be re drilled because the tonepros had thicker posts????.......the abr style on my LR custom has the old style thin posts.

Anyone do this mod???

Shaun

Latest posts

Back