Springysound question!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeroysilk

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been offered a 1981? Tokai Springysound in 2 tone sunburst, what I'm wondering about is the serial, I own a goldstar sound strat and know all the history about that.

This one though has a 7 digit serial no.? According to the DAting & ID section, only the SS strats had 7 digit serial no.s.

The guitar is all original, Tokai stamped saddles, U stamped pick-ups, 3 position switch. Its based on a 56-60 strat.

Could someone shed some light on this for me?

Regards,

Lee

My 1980 ST-70 has a 7 digit serial number and it is in immaculate original condition.
hnwr5kn-img600x450-1211196183tz8tgw.jpg

Mick

Cheers lads,

I've been trying out this springysound all day today at our band rehearsals, the 3 position switch isnt original and needs chucking. If I can get it for what I think its worth(?300)I'll put a 5 position switch back on and rewire the lot.

Everything else seems fine, even comes with it is original Tokai brown gig bag. I can always add it to my collection of Takai equipment, 1984 Tokai Goldstar sound Strat, fiesta red with maple neck, 1980/81 Tokai HardPuncher Bass, sunburst with birdseye maple neck, original Tokai Tweed guitar case(for the strat) and last but not least, my little Tokai TA-35 amp.

I did have all the original Tokai efffects pedals from 1980/81, not the later cheaper ones, all in original boxes with instructions, some ******* broke in to my garage and nicked them, TWATS!!!

I'd collected them from all the world.

Fingers crossed for another buy,

Lee 8)

Back