Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

placement of the guitar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: placement of the guitar Reply with quote

Hi every one Which is better, Hanging the guitar on the wall, on a guitar stand, or storing in the case. The reason I ask is I have a guitar that weighs about 8 pounds (Tokai Love Rock) and hanging it by the neck on the wall seems potentially harsh--will it stretch the neck?
I'm a newbie and I'd appreciate your help with (what may seem) my silly questions. Thanks Michael
blake375
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt you could cause any structural damage by hanging the guitar, but you would be leaving it open to gather dust and exerting some sort of extra tension on the neck. .Also, poorly padded guitar hangers can scratch or scuff.

I'd say the best place for a guitar is in its case, laid flat. If you pick it up everyday I don't see any harm in leaving it out on a stand (this is what I do with my workhorse guitar), but if it is to be unused for any period of time it should go back in its case.

Having said that, when I was younger most of my guitars were on hangers and it never did them any harm - but they were all cheap and all had bolt-on necks!
DaveWW
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your going to play 'em hang 'em up. If your not put them away in a case.

They'll look really nice and you'll play them much more than if you have to keep getting them out.

Dave
stratman323

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Dave on this - if I put a guitar away in it's case, I can't enjoy it's beauty, & I'm less likely to feel tempted to pick it up. Mine go on hangers or on stands, & they get moved around.

If hanging a Love Rock on a hanger damaged the necks, I think we would have heard about it on here.

Mike
Michael
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks every one for your help I would miss my guitars if I could not see them every day, plus It like being in a candy store( which one will I pick to play today . Again thank you
Michael
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
I'm with Dave on this - if I put a guitar away in it's case, I can't enjoy it's beauty, & I'm less likely to feel tempted to pick it up. Mine go on hangers or on stands, & they get moved around.

same here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: