Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Bowl Musical Happenings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Super Bowl Musical Happenings Reply with quote

For those of you not lucky enough to see the Super Bowl (American football) missed a music half time. Janet, Justin, Kid Rock, P Diddy and Nelly.

Oh yeh, Justin ripped Janet Jackson's top off and her boob flopped out.

Seems like a streaker ran across the field as well.

Gotta love my home town - Houston.

Ned
Porsche 911 Racing
tokaigeezer
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the game was good!

I usually turn off the TV audio as radio does a much better job, but I did turn it back on to watch P Diddy and Kid Rock and said to my wife "There it is ... American culture at its best." The Kid Rock band members, as far as I could tell, were sporting a Gibson red Firebird, some pointy Jackson-type V-shaped thing, and a Music Man bass, playing some riffs for the rappers to perform their magic over. Was hoping to spot KR's Reverend but not in sight. Nice costumes though.
tokaiguy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Aerosmith haven't all ready "Jumped the Shark" they sure did at the Super Bowl!! Talk about having a "Spinal Tap Moment"! And haven't we all had enough of anyone named Jackson ? The poster family of Disfunction!! Why does everything on American TV have to be a version of Star Search? It's a football game, I want to get loaded ,see some hard hitting and a marching band at half time!! I would love to see them try a Super Bowl half time at a Euro Soccer{football} match! Ithink the locals might do us a favor and give Justin Timberlake a good old fashioned Stompping!! One can only hope!! TG
tokaigeezer
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After tonight, I'd agree. Perhaps he will attend a football match on tour overseas and be stomped by soccer hooligans. One can only hope.

Timberlake moron boy won a Grammy, and George Harrison or Warren Zevon did not. The Zevon album is fantastic, BTW, the only dud on the disk a cameo appearance by the ever-hammy, over-the-top Bruce Springsteen, IMO. Z's "Keep Me in Your Heart For Awhile" is a powerful song by a talented lost artist, which is why it did not win an award.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on Yahoo that both George and Warren won grammys.
tokaigeezer
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough, Mr. Sneaky

But I was talking about this category, for which Warren Z's ?Keep Me in Your Heart for Awhile? was nominated:

Male Pop Vocal Performance: ?Cry Me a River,? Justin Timberlake

At least Z was honored with two others : Contemporary Folk Album: ?The Wind,? Warren Zevon.

and this:

Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: ?Disorder in the House,? Warren Zevon and Bruce Springsteen

Although I still think Springsteen is a hammy-ass musician who can take a great idea and bludgeon it to death
tokaigeezer
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough, Mr. Sneaky

But I was talking about this category, for which Warren Z's ?Keep Me in Your Heart for Awhile? was nominated:

Male Pop Vocal Performance: ?Cry Me a River,? Justin Timberlake

At least Z was honored with two others : Contemporary Folk Album: ?The Wind,? Warren Zevon.

and this:

Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: ?Disorder in the House,? Warren Zevon and Bruce Springsteen

Although I still think Springsteen is a hammy-ass musician who can take a great idea and bludgeon it to death
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I did not watch the SuperBowl live but caugh the replay later when i got home... i was speechless to say the least, it took 10 minutes to find my eyes that popped out,
but the next day I was totally outraged ! ! !
All 5 News Channels here kept replaying the Janet y Justin show over and over, with the last shot being pixellated ???
After 10 runnings that showed it all - why outrage people with pixellation.

Peter Mac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: