Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7okai Silverstar Stratocaster late sixtees?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graceland
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: 7okai Silverstar Stratocaster late sixtees? Reply with quote

Hi friends
First i like to say sorry for my bad english, first time for me here.
Since a few weeks I have a tokai strat, with a spaghetti logo, sunburst color, with the serial number 2020263. in the body i found the numbers 4=8 and than the letters ys z. It's the guitar of a friend of mine, he had it on the attic for years in the original case.
He told me that he byed the guitar new, somewhere arround late 60,or just begin 1970, what i like to know is the exact date for this guitar, it's still in an excelant shape, and the sound is really beautiful, if i now how to add a picture I send you one!
Hope you can help me?
Much regards jan from the netherlands.
Nik Lloyd
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jan,
I think your friends memory may have slipped a bit. I think Silverstars were made around the 1978-1981 era. The "YS" marking in the cavity I believe stands for the colour code for Yellow Sunburst.
I think Peter Mac knows alot more about Silverstars than anyone else on the Forum.
Nik
loverockerUK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

null

Last edited by loverockerUK on Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Nik Lloyd
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Mac started a thread on this a few weeks ago. It would be worth following up.

See:- http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2648

Nik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: