• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F/S LS200, 1981

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark,

my short tenon LS200 is an 84 by serial but an 82 by Tokai, and actually the reason why togps and I did not talk to each other for 2+ years.

I have to admit that I was completely wrong. I thought that he cheated me. Which he didn't, I was wrong.

rup

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

ok so theres no long tenon in any tokai pre84 that I have ever seen, all have the routing , but none have the tenon in the routing..

rupes I dont understand sorry, surely thats an 84 serial number....

are you saying it was made in 82, but just not released or stamped until 1984?

hi mark,

I am still not at 100%. But what I found through a japanese friend and some research is the following:

- my LS200 was finally stamped in 1984
- she was built by order in 1981
- Seymour remembers the pups; they are 18% underwound then what he did at this time (documented, with all paperwork)
- the fretboard is south-brazilian, which Tokai ran out of 1982 (that's just manufacturing record)
- the american who ordered her never paid (again, paperwork existing)
- she was sitting at Tokai until 1988, then the track was lost

Perhaps Gottfried can shed some light onto her?

I am still checking on the Grovers, they are 18:1 while they should be 15:1. Very weird. Grover says they never made this version.

rup

I just remember some conversations with Peter Mac some time ago about some claimed to be LS-200 appeared in japan yahoo auctions,we agreed some were very dubiduos to both but you cannot be 100% sure with Tokai as far as there are no old records according to them.I can say some guitars sold on yahoo auctions were not what claimed to be so if someone bought one of those(I don?t know) maybe got an incorrect model(easily to know if you check specs claimed when you got it).
I don?t know what to say...I trust Peter 100%.

PS: I?m not saying this one for sale was one of those discussed with Peter..

rup, could you just place the correct image URL in your posts? :wink:
your photos would then show up in your posts 8)

I tried to 'copy & paste' the links but none of them work :-? ...............

for an international connoisseur of striped chairs, you should be able to do much better :p ................

DaveWW said:
Rich - you do know the post before your was March 2009 .....

Dave

actually I didn't notice; what I did notice was 'LS-200' & I was curious to see what she looked like.

thanks for getting the pics posted :D

that striped chair is really something :lol: .................

hi mark, have'nt been here for a long time. good to see that my pics are still around.
as is the ls200....

cheers! rup

i really think thats got to be an LS-150, ... heres my 1984 LS-150 and the similarities are startling...

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a278/generalunrest/Tokai%20LS-150%20VSB%201984/

frankly, this tokai just doesn't fit. I own her for quite some time but never could trace her roots.

as mark states she should be an LS150. but she is 1984, and some parameters point against 150 (like short tenon). and to my knowledge LS150s were only made until 1982 (the real ones, with single piece hondurans, which she is).

she never showed up in a catalog either. perhaps somebody in the forum is able to identify her by the ding she's got on the 6th fret?

cheers! rup

MIJvintage said:
for an international connoisseur of striped chairs, you should be able to do much better :p ................

LOL ;-)

cool thread and nice guitar

Back