UK Tokai Owners convention photos

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seriously jealous, lots of very nice guitars. Must have been very GAS-inducing for all who attended.

Bit of a sausage-fest, though I guess anything Internet/guitar related is bound to be!

Don't worry Oze, it may be 1-nil to the UK in Tokaidom, but the Ashes are coming up again and I'm sure we'll stuff them in that!

marcusnieman said:
JohnA said:
The Zematis was AlanN's and very nice it was too!

Was that Alan playing it? They really are very nice guitars.

Nope, I'm the one in the trying-to-be-ironic-yet-looking-like-a-tit Guitar Hero shirt, cringing at being caught with a bass in my hands. I don't really like bass, honest! :oops:

I'm sorry little bass, I love you really!

It seems it was worth the long wait to make this meeting possible.
I was thinking about attending but my poor english and no money finally made me to dessist.

Thanks for sharing the pics with us(fantastic photos).It seems you got a great event.
Congrats!

Luis, your English is not poor!

I'm hoping that the next one will be nearer to London, & that maybe one or two of our overseas members will find it easier to travel to that one. We are, after all, an international community here.

8)

Luis You're English is fantastic, and we couldn't hear each other over AlanN's playing anyway :D

Start saving your money and we'll see you at the next one!

To be fair, you two were both the loudest! I could tell when John had been playing my amp because everything was turned up to 10.

:lol:

stratman323 said:
To be fair, you two were both the loudest! I could tell when John had been playing my amp because everything was turned up to 10.

:lol:

You mean they work when they're not on ten??? :-? I might have to try that one day :wink:

What a great way to spend Saturday afternoon! A real pleasure to meet all you guys and thanks for the photos. If there are any plans for another event in the Autumn say, then I am up for it (perhaps we should have name badges though!)

I've put some photos on photobucket. Let's see if I can display them...

TokaiMarchsmall1.jpg

TokaiMarchsmall2.jpg

TokaiMarchsmall3.jpg

TokaiMarchsmall4.jpg

Cheers

Dave

excellent pics, thanks for sharing them- sounds like a great day. i see a lot of strats, did mike hijack proceedings? ;)

seriously, though, what did people think of your new cornell? been GASsing for one on and off for ages... :lol:

Hi all, what a wonderful day on Saturday. I'm so pleased that everyone enjoyed themselves and I found it all really amazing.

I have struggled all day to upload video clips. Since I put up the first one, which took an unbelievable 3 hours to upload, I have had no luck. Thrown in the towel for today, I dunno if it's to do with youtube's removal of all the pop videos which is going on right now due to their fallout with Perfoming Rights Soc. It's been a year since I last uploaded to youtube so I'm not sure if they have issues these days.

Here's the link to the first one which is mine played by Adrian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU0m8DEPhzE

I hope to get the others uploaded in the next couple of days :D

Now that was the way to spend a Saturday - in excellent company, hands on some truly fine guitars, quality players, free food and a permanent grin of satisfaction plastered on my face. A large vote of thanks to JohnA and Tom for the event and also Mike for keeping us focussed and Adrian for being the test pilot. Cameo moments of Alan playing each guitar louder and better than the one he'd just finished with - brilliant. And a really generous bunch of guys to talk and share time with - it was great to meet everyone. Overall a special day for Strats but lets have a mention for Johns LS120 and the magic LS80 Goldtop. Now where's that queue begin John?!!

Dave_Mc said:
seriously, though, what did people think of your new cornell? been GASsing for one on and off for ages... :lol:

Loved it. The attenuator didn't work to my ears on the lowest setting, but everything else it output was cream itself. And even better once Mike showed me how to use an overdrive pedal :oops: Stupid, stupid! :D

adidos said:
Cameo moments of Alan playing each guitar louder and better than the one he'd just finished with - brilliant.

Oh god, I'm so sorry! Didn't realise I was that bad... must've been caught up in the moment - with all those amazing guitars, I was as happy as a dog with two, um.... licks? picks? Something like that :)

Latest posts

Back