Charvel

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
Harking back to my "80's Hair Metal days" I just bid on this;
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150329587454
The seller says he doesn't know it's country of origin...I did so I bid.
The the CX series was made in Japan in 1992, basswood body.
ceb5_10.JPG

Looks like it was made by Chushin Gakki.

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/JacksonStars.htm

Yep..>Chushin Gaki it was...
It's also a bit of a lucky dip as to whether or not you get a STRAT style headstock or this:
d4c6_0.JPG

That is very cool. I'm dying for a reverse pointy headstock metal 80' hair machine.

AHHHH!!! The Hair Metal days! I sort of remember those. I'm alot balder and wider these days... :lol: . Here's me with my Model 6. Man I loved that guitar. Wish i still had it.
rockerbri2.jpg

ned said:
That is very cool. I'm dying for a reverse pointy headstock metal 80' hair machine.
I passed up a few MiJ pointy headstocks over this one...I'm probably going to either turn it into a Warren Demartini or George Lynch shred machine...getting nostalgic the older I get.
These 291's are routed for a single humbucker under the scratch plate so I'm thinking my usual EMG-HZ in the bridge and a couple of hotrails for the middle and neck....there'll be no Floyd though...they sh!t me 8)

pimphat said:
AHHHH!!! The Hair Metal days! I sort of remember those. I'm alot balder and wider these days... :lol: . Here's me with my Model 6. Man I loved that guitar. Wish i still had it.
rockerbri2.jpg
Ahhh...don't make me post MY hair metal pics....about the only thing I still have from those days is the bulge in my spandex. 8)

Well it's all academic now anyways...got outbid.
I bailed at $300...for $250 it was just over the borderline of being a bargain but $300 is just stoopid.
So much for busting my Ebay cherry :evil:

Latest posts

Back