Help me check this orville out

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b1adefury

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here and I am looking to buy my first MIJ les paul. I am looking at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120387852360&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&salenotsupported

Can you guys help me check that everything is alright with it? I am new to orvilles so I don't really know what I should look out for.

Your help will be much appreciated!

Gonna be hard to date...can you ask the seller to post a pic of the headstock both front and rear?
Specifically the Logo.

Ozeshin said:
Gonna be hard to date...can you ask the seller to post a pic of the headstock both front and rear?
Specifically the Logo.

Hey Ozeshin, there are pics at the bottom of the page. Scroll down and you will see it. The serial number is 401412, made in Fujigen is 1994 apparently.

Ahhh..yes...saw the pics.
1994 it is....typical medium/long tenon.
The only thing i can see is that most of the inlays have shrunk...look closely and you can see where the crud from years of playing has deposited around the inlays .

Ozeshin said:
The only thing i can see is that most of the inlays have shrunk...look closely and you can see where the crud from years of playing has deposited around the inlays .

Is this true? I thought it was excess glue. To me this looks like a ral nice example, yes a little bit of lemon oil on the fingerboard but that's about it. If it wasn't for the bad exchange rate in the UK I'd consider it.

It is a selling point for some people but even new guitars have it...I've read reviews of new guitars that mention sloppy filler.

I guess I am fine with the glue or filler or whatever.. as long as its not like human dirt. Lol. Do you guys think it is a fair price? $780 with free shipping seems ok to me. But will I have to pay additional taxes to ship it to the US?

Ozeshin said:
It is a selling point for some people
I can believe that, don't agree with it at all but each to their own. I have one that could be it's twin, wouldn't think twice about getting another.

b1adefury said:
I guess I am fine with the glue or filler or whatever.. as long as its not like human dirt. Lol. Do you guys think it is a fair price? $780 with free shipping seems ok to me. But will I have to pay additional taxes to ship it to the US?

Hey Blade the seller indicated he/she will list the guitar as a gift and at a lower price on the customs shipping invoice their is a good chance no taxes will be added in the US as the guitar is cleared through ISC. Good luck.

BNR said:
b1adefury said:

Hey Blade the seller indicated he/she will list the guitar as a gift and at a lower price on the customs shipping invoice their is a good chance no taxes will be added in the US as the guitar is cleared through ISC. Good luck.

thats awesome news. thanks BNR!!

Back