Springy Pickup Question ...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudor

Reaction score
Guys,
has Tokai ever supplied the Fernandes brand with 'grey bottom' pickups like the 'U's or 'E's too ????
They sure look the same down to the wire color ... but without that character ...
Thanks in advance for enlightening me ... :lol:
Roger

Tokai built Fernandes guitars (someone correct me if I'm wrong) around 1979-1982. The ones I've played were excellent guitars for the most part. I used to own an FST that was basically an ST50 Springy with a small headstock with U stamped pickups,sen body, ect. but with a Fernandes logo.

villager said:
weren't E's and U's dimarzio made?

Been some debate about this previously, E's definetely were Dimarzio made and I think U's were too but some people say only the E's

Thanks so far ... and ???
Has Tokai supplied other brands with their pups while producing their Strats ???
Roger

tudor said:
Thanks so far ... and ???
Has Tokai supplied other brands with their pups while producing their Strats ???
Roger
As we know Tokai E pickups were made by Dimarzio,and U V11,H,unstamped grey bottoms,and ceramic magnet magnet single coils as found on ST45s and some Silverstars were made by Gotoh.Did Gotoh supply strat pickups to other manufacturers?.Almost certainly.Gabe.

Hi, just wondering what factory apllied the stamps to the pickups. if the stamps were put on by dimarzio then this pic shows that the u pups were dimarzio also, since this pup has both e and u stamps with the u stamped over the e if you can see it.. if put on by tokai then its just a mix up at the factory. just a thought, Rick

parker003.jpg

Well I can`t see an E next to U , I can however see a smudge and I once saw a potato that looked like Elvis! Joshing aside though I`m pretty certain that Both U E H p`ups etc. although manufactured in different countries were stamped at the Tokai factory.The font and the ink is the same.Also if other p`ups like the U`s were made by Dimarzio then Tokai would have advertisrd this fact, as US made p`ups would have been perceived as more desirable and thus attract a higher premium than than domestically produced Gotohs.Gabe.

Latest posts

Back