Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current value of the Tokai FX line?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Current value of the Tokai FX line? Reply with quote

Hey dudes, I've been considering parting ways with my TFL-1 recently but I don't want to do it if I'm not going to get some decent cash for it. Anyone bought/sold any Tokai stompers recently and can give me an idea of current market value?

[spam] It's the black version with the metal case, in great shape, a few minor surface scratches only [/spam]
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I?d say around 60 euro more or less depending in condition,original manual and box except delay wich it?s more expensive(delays were more expensive than the rest at the time). I feel Tokai pedals in a similar quality in sound and building as 80?s Boss.They are bargains.....
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luis wrote:
I?d say around 60 euro more or less depending in condition,original manual and box except delay wich it?s more expensive(delays were more expensive than the rest at the time). I feel Tokai pedals in a similar quality in sound and building as 80?s Boss.They are bargains.....

But Boss ones look better!!
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
But Boss ones look better!!

That's a matter of opinion. I've just sold my Boss DS-1 (ugly orange thing), but I'm keeping my Tokai TDS-1, which sounds better & looks better.

Mike
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'll have to decide what I want to do with it.

They are excellent pedals, definately on par with the coveted 80's boss stuff. I actually prefer the on/off footswitch on the tokai pedals with its hinge all the way at the back of the case! I think they look great too.

Only reason I'm selling it is because I've got myself a Yamaha flanger from the same era. The tokai is definately studrier in construction but I think the Yammy sounds a bit better and can get more extreme sounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: