• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F/S LS200, 1981

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, maybe better to have them all here...
Enjoy!
BTW, weight 3850 gram..

img6610mediumme8.jpg

img6616mediumfi8.jpg

img6617mediumrh6.jpg

img6618mediumzo2.jpg

img6624mediumif3.jpg

img6627mediumrd7.jpg

img6598mediumvf6.jpg

img6629mediumcp4.jpg

img6626mediumpn3.jpg

img6619mediumhp1.jpg

img6599mediumjk0.jpg

img6601mediumcb6.jpg

img6625mediumft3.jpg

img6605mediumjc2.jpg

img6604mediumgs1.jpg

img6596mediumfc5.jpg

Wonderful looking guitar !!

...and if you sell this one for this price you make a good deal, i know what you paid for the axe ;-)

320 has a long tenon, and 100% braz board, the 200 is much rarer though, and may have a braz board, its not known for sure as far as I am aware..

the 200 has more appeal for vintage buffs too..

so no huge difference in specs between the 2.. just a 2cm bit of wood :D :D

:eek: :eek:
It seems, my LS200 is a bargain...

US$ 11,100.00 for a LS200 !! - asking a Japanese seller

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w35093334

togps said:

Price Euro 2950, OBO
Ask for tons of high res detail pix.

Nice looking guitar but reminds me of how a super model might look with her lip and nose pierced!!!!!! Shame about the holes.

I bought an LS200 from togps some 2 years ago. As we all know early 1980 LS200s were customs.

The one I got from togps has the long tenon Marc refers to, however, this is not a LS200 spec by definition. I got another one from Japan with a short tenon.

I got offers for my LS200 from players in the Boston area: all above USD 4500.--. The price he is asking for is very fair. And he doesn't cheat. Also keep in mind that he is not a collector but a dealer. Try to negotiate, for example add a Springy. :)

Even the best VOS R9s cannot beat an LS200.

Rup

rupert, are you saying you have a pre 1983 LS-200 with a long tennon???

i would be very interested to see a pic, as I have never ever seen a pre 83 tokai with a long tenon...

marcusnieman said:
What are the two metal buttons between the tone pots for? Was it coil tapped at one time?

Seems to be the back / head of the screws which you can see in the cavity beetween the tone pots ... for grounding purpose ??? :roll:
IMO ... this lousy job is nearly a sacrilege ... :eek:
Roger

tudor said:
Seems to be the back / head of the screws which you can see in the cavity beetween the tone pots ... for grounding purpose ??? :roll:
IMO ... this lousy job is nearly a sacrilege ... :eek:
Roger

Nah, I think they are just leftovers from two mini-toggles put in years ago to split the coils. Then when the switches came out, screwed these into the remaining holes, rather than plugging them. A couple weeks ago, I saw a higher-end Tokai with mini-switches in exactly the same location.

Mick51 said:
Nah, I think they are just leftovers from two mini-toggles put in years ago to split the coils. Then when the switches came out, screwed these into the remaining holes, rather than plugging them. A couple weeks ago, I saw a higher-end Tokai with mini-switches in exactly the same location.

+ 1.

Mike

Latest posts

Back