stickers on the back off the pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muccax

Reaction score
hi
does anyone knows when greco stoped the use of stickers on the back off the pickups .....
all the best
otto

The stickers seem to start around late 1981 which is when Fujigen started making their own pickups. I'm not sure when the stickers stop, maybe late 80s.

hi
and thanks ..... i got a pair off greco pickup off ebay but no stickers ....
but i am sure they are greco pickus ,,,,,, they have the 2 holes in the base plate ..... and the bobbins has 3 small holes like a real paf .... they are vax pottet ..... and are around 7,7 k ohm .... all black bobbins ..alnico magnets ,,,,,
can you help me to id them :D :D :D
all the best
otto ,,,,,
i have put them in my burny rsg 75 ,,,, did not like the vh2 .... to much heavy sound to me ... but the greco pickups are very good ,,,, nice warm sound ,,,,
:D :D :D

The Maxon made Greco pickups up until 1982 only had 2 small holes in each bobbin.

The Fujigen made pickups from late 1981 on might have 3 holes in some later years but I think they have 2 small holes as well.

hi
i will list my guitars and holes in ther pickups here
eg 700 from 1977 2 holes (U2000)
eg 500 super real 1980 2 holes
2xegc 500 1x superpower/ 1x? 1982 2 holes and number 5 on the back as the first number
egc 500 1982 with dry 1982 3 holes (not org pickups)
eg 500 super power 1980 2 holes
and i got 2 set off greco pickups from ebay
the first is a 1979 set 2 holes
and the other set that has no numbers and no stickers but i am sure they are greco pickup and they have 3 holes ......
i am thinking that maybe we can find out what kind off pick up it is by the holes in the bobbins ....??
maybe 3 holes means high end pickup ??
or am i lost in the woods here
all the best
otto

japanstrat said:
The Maxon made Greco pickups up until 1982 only had 2 small holes in each bobbin.

The Fujigen made pickups from late 1981 on might have 3 holes in some later years but I think they have 2 small holes as well.

My DRY 1982 has two.

hi
here are some pictures off my dry 1982
they are like 7.3 - 7.4 k ohm ......are wax potted
:D :D
maybe mine is a late model with 3 holes ??
not easy with old greco mij guitars :D :D :D :D
all the best otto

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww274/muccax/?action=tageditmany

Latest posts

Back