• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Springy Sound ST80 1980

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanN

Reaction score
Springy, Nitro, good condition. C-profile neck rather than V, but tests positive for nitro and looks original. I'll take it apart and do pics of the guts tonight. Bought for circa ?875, but it's been sat unplayed for at least two years now so I want it gone - make me an offer; I'll consider anything (as long as it isn't too silly!).

DSCF2098.jpg

DSCF2100.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

DSCF2104.jpg

DSCF2105.jpg

Couldn't you at least keep it till after the convention in early March?

:(

Mike

AlanN said:
Aww, now I feel bad! I have others to bring, but nothing to stave off your strat addiction :(

Just bring it to the convention and let Mike play it for 10 minutes, that should sell it for you!!

Well it would be nice for everybody there to be able to compare two 1980 ST80s, wouldn't it? How often does anyone in the UK get the chance to do that?

stratman323 said:
Well it would be nice for everybody there to be able to compare two 1980 ST80s, wouldn't it? How often does anyone in the UK get the chance to do that?

Can't disagree there, but if Alan's is nicer than yours you know you won't be able to stop yourself :wink:

Bump. Now for sale again - make me an offer, you'd be surprised with how much I'm fed up of this sitting there being unplayed!

I have a reasonably high output bridge pickup in one of my Goldies you might like - you can try it out in Leeds.

stratman323 said:

Don't know about the UK but I just go down to my hobby room and I can try 4 ST80s :D

Very nice Strats!

Also, these have very nice nitro finish, not thick plastic mixed nitro like Greco and JV!

Koubayashi said:
Also, these have very nice nitro finish, not thick plastic mixed nitro like Greco and JV!

Interesting comment Fredrik.
Mike says he feels a difference between the necks on his ST80 & Fullerton, I feel difference in texture between my LS80 en recently refinished Springy. All should be nitro, do you know of differenct compositions of nitro used back then & now?

Back