UK Tokai Owners Convention Enrolment

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems that the main event will be ending around 6ish, but hopefully a few of us will stay on for a pint or three. I intend to stay overnight, & I believe John does too, so we can enjoy a few beers & then go home on the Sunday.

Anyone else planning on staying overnight in Leeds? Could the organiser(s) please advise us of the nearest hotels/motels to the venue, once it's been decided?

Could I also stress that it's a UK based convention, but overseas members will be very welcome. Perhaps Gottfried or Mark would like to attend with a range of nice guitars to tempt us? :wink:

Though I suppose Leeds doesn't really compare with Hawaii.....

:-?

Hi all, the venue is only 5-10 minutes drive from 3 decent hotels.

medium budget:
http://www.ramadajarvis.co.uk/hotel_pages/default.aspx?FolderId=824
http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hotels/leeds/

this is the best of the three, although it's probably more expensive, still worth checking for any deals:
http://www.weetwood.co.uk/

There are many more lower budget hotels down the road in Headingley but the area is very congested and car parking is scarce.

Excuse me for being tight-lipped about the venue location, but I'm trying to be discreet for obvious reasons. I will be sending details in due course via personal message to members on the list. Thank you. :)

mirrorboy said:
Hi all, the venue is only 5-10 minutes drive from 3 decent hotels.

medium budget:
http://www.ramadajarvis.co.uk/hotel_pages/default.aspx?FolderId=824
http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hotels/leeds/

this is the best of the three, although it's probably more expensive, still worth checking for any deals:
http://www.weetwood.co.uk/

There are many more lower budget hotels down the road in Headingley but the area is very congested and car parking is scarce.

Excuse me for being tight-lipped about the venue location, but I'm trying to be discreet for obvious reasons. I will be sending details in due course via personal message to members on the list. Thank you. :)

Good idea Tom! probably best not to publicise where there are going to be ?000's worth of nice guitars. I'll add the hotel details to the first post

Tom - mind if I pm you for a better idea of location? Just trying to work out whether I can call in a favour with a friend and kip at their place that evening.

He's a guitarist too so may even be interested in attending, if only for the drinks at the end of the night.

Count me in guys :D

No Tokais at the minute but I can bring my Momose Strat and my Rat Hotrod Blackheart amp if people are interested.

Dave

DaveWW said:

No Tokais at the minute but I can bring my Momose Strat and my Rat Hotrod Blackheart amp if people are interested.

Dave

Is that the one discussed a while back that was made by the Bacchus people?

stratman323 said:
DaveWW said:

Dave

Is that the one discussed a while back that was made by the Bacchus people?

That's the one - strictly speaking it's a Deviser Momose Custom Craft but Deviser make Bacchus.

Dave

Sounds good to me. I think John should bring a Bacchus too, I'm sure people will be interested to see them.

Or even non-Japanese. if you can be bothered to bring it along, a guitar's a guitar! I would be very interested to see Moleman's Hamer's if he can make it!!

I'll bring a Bacchus (at least one) and maybe an OBG and a Greco or two as well!!

+1 for me - my friend Adrian is coming. No Japanese guitars, but he's an amazing player and he'll bring something!

Well, looks like I will be free on the 7th so it would be good to go with that date if possible.

International football weekend means there is no prem league games so it doubles the chance of me being able to make it - 14th Feb was next I think but valentines would be a problem for the romantics and henpecked among us. 28th March is another clear day but not sure if that was an FA Cup date - but that does not matter now.

Roll on the 7th! Am I OK to bring my roadie? My Brother in Law (he who carved the dragon guitar) says he would like to attend and would be useful to have carrying guitar cases, especially if I have a baby with me!! (Don't worry she is very well behaved).

Weather permitting also!!!

Well, looks like I will be free on the 7th so it would be good to go with that date if possible.

International football weekend means there is no prem league games so it doubles the chance of me being able to make it - 14th Feb was next I think but valentines would be a problem for the romantics and henpecked among us. 28th March is another clear day but not sure if that was an FA Cup date - but that does not matter now.

Roll on the 7th! Am I OK to bring my roadie? My Brother in Law (he who carved the dragon guitar) says he would like to attend and would be useful to have carrying guitar cases, especially if I have a baby with me!! (Don't worry she is very well behaved).

Weather permitting also!!!

I checked with Richtone, but neither of them can make it, though they hope we have a good day.

Bob at Tokai UK has marked the date in his diary, & has asked to be kept up to date with the venue etc.

What about amps? I would rather not drag a valve amp all the way up the M1 if possible.

stratman323 said:
I checked with Richtone, but neither of them can make it, though they hope we have a good day.

Bob at Tokai UK has marked the date in his diary, & has asked to be kept up to date with the venue etc.

What about amps? I would rather not drag a valve amp all the way up the M1 if possible.

I don't think we'll need heaps of amps, I'll have my Tokai TA-35 because it's a Tokai, and a few others have said they'll bring there's so I wouldn't worry about bringing yours.

Thanks for contacting Bob & Rich, shame Rich can't make it, lets hope Bob does.

We're nearly in to double figures :D Lets have a few more sign up!

JohnA said:
I don't think we'll need heaps of amps, I'll have my Tokai TA-35 because it's a Tokai, and a few others have said they'll bring there's so I wouldn't worry about bringing yours.

Not heaps maybe, but 2 or 3 valve amps would be nice.

Latest posts

Back