BURNY FLG240?!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300291370370

... and sold again, only this time for $900 USD.

Yeah, I still think it's a 90. If the weight is over 10 pounds, then maybe not such a bargain, even at that price...

And yes: this seller IS a real piece of work.

Maybe I am crazy, but decided 900.00 was a fair price for at the least, a very nice FLG90 in excellent condition.The deal includes a hard case and free shipping......Will be sure to post pics and info after I receive it

actually, he fessed up in an email to me before he accepted my bid that he now believes its a flg110 :-? ....like I said before, I knew the deal going in thanks to all of you :D

just now re-read the description :roll:

here is a quote: "Solid Maple ?Tiger Flame? top (not a veneer or photoflame)"

Then the guy has photo number 10, that shows no center seam in the maple top.

This guy should be a politician :lol: ........................

Its pretty obvious the seller is clueless but the guitar is what it is.....A nice FLG 90.....no expectations above that :wink:

:D The guitar arrived today and here are some specs I believe to be true....One piece back,...what appears to be a seam in the pic. of the toggle switch cavity is a wavey grain line verified with a straight edge...Nitro finish verified with acetone test....pups are not gold back as they appear in the sellers pics which I assume was from the flash.So pups dont appear to be original :( .....rest of electronics appear to be stock with oil filled caps......Top is obviously a laminate but what a beautiful one it is...The one fact the seller was correct about is the condition.Its as close to mint as it gets :D ....Bridge is stamped GIBSON ABR....The double ring tuners are stamped KLUSON DELUXE not fernandes as I thought it should?...The frets have either been replaced or the fret edge binding not done completely over the ends.they seem partially covered only the bottom half :-? does this make any sense?........will have pics in a few days to try and illustrate

Pretty sure its a FLG 90 from 1980 or 81...serial # points to 1980 but headstock says 1981????

Seller agreed to refund 300.00 for ALL the errors in listing, so final cost 600.00 deliverd.I think I can live with that :)

hi
i got a flg 90 allso from 80 serial 0 xxxx..... i got it from nils m?ller ( i am from denmark too ) it is the one on his page
i have a link here were you can see another rlg/flg 90
http://forum.japanaxe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1340
http://forum.japanaxe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=706

i all so got a rsg from 83 and it has the goldplatet backplate but black wire and the neck pickup has a white stripe on it ..... like the pickup in yours flg 90 model ..... i did not belive i was orginal but now i think they are ,,,, so maybe the pickup are original :D :D
both mine flg 90 and rsg got noble 250 kohm pots .....
looks like yours got them too ...
all the best otto

:) Otto,Hello and thanx for the links but for some reason I am unable to open them......The pups that came with my guitar dont have gold backs like you say yours do.It only appears that way in the sellers pics probably due to the flash on his camera.Also the solder connections didnt appear original....also Looks like she may need a fret levelling too...21st fret sitting high causing buzzing at the upper end.

hi
i can see the link is not working ,,,,, but maybe i will work soon ....
can you post a picture off the back off the pickup ...
all the best
otto

600.00 That's a really good deal! I'm sorry I missed it for the 3rd time!! :( Hunter, If you don't want it send it to me :)

Latest posts

Back