My new Edwards :)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pott said:
You can counter that with a resistor in parrallel to the capacitor. I had the same issue and this solved it.
Seconded. Give me a shout if you need me to dig out some values Mike.

Thanks, but I really see no need for this mod. I manage perfectly well on all my guitars without it, & I'm not sure that a slight loss of treble when reducing the volume is a bad thing.

personally, i think it depends on the guitar. on something like a LP, i'd actually prefer not to use a treble bleed (though i will if i have to and there's no other option), just for some reason my edwards is really dark indeed without one with the volume rolled down. and considering there's a really hot JB in there, i need the volume rolled down to get a classic rock type tone, even... :lol: i have them on my eggles, and i think the cap values are wrong as it gets even brighter/more sparkly as you turn the volume down... preferable to too dark, but i'd ideally prefer it to sound the same, except quieter/less gain with the volume rolled down... i understand the thinking behind it, that there's a good chance you want a more sparkly sound with the volume down, but as mike says, it thins things a bit.

:)

And now for the real pics :D

100_0211.jpg

100_0210.jpg

100_0208.jpg

100_0207.jpg

100_0204.jpg

100_0203.jpg

100_0214.jpg

100_0213.jpg
100_0212.jpg

100_0209-1.jpg

yeah, i originally thought that gold suited customs, and that black might look very modern, but it's just nice... certainly nice for a change (not looking the same as everyone else's, i mean), but still looking classy :)

Latest posts

Back