UK Tokai Owners Convention Enrolment

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
OK we've finally got the ball rolling. The convention is going to be in Leeds, venue to be confirmed, and the proposed date is Saturday March 7th 2009.

Reply to the thread if you can attend and I'll add your name to the list, if we can get 20 definites then it's on! If the date is no good, but you would really like to attend, please reply and we'll see what we can do about re-arranging the date.

Just to add, any forum member will be very welcome, you don't need to be an old-time or have 000's of posts, you dont even need to have a Tokai guitar! If you are interested please come along :D

LIST OF ATTENDEES

1) Stratman323 Mike
2) JohnA John
3) Mirrorboy Tom
4) AlanN Alan
5) IainBlack Ian (depending on FA Cup replay !)
6) DaveWW Dave
7) Adrian Non-member - AlanN's mate
8) Japaxes Gerald

HOTELS NEAR THE VENUE Venue details will be PM'd to atendees.

Probably best to check where everyone eslse is staying, would be good to all stagger off to bed from the same bar, and we might even get a block-booking discount!!

medium budget:
http://www.ramadajarvis.co.uk/hotel_pages/default.aspx?FolderId=824
http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hotels/leeds/

this is the best of the three, although it's probably more expensive, still worth checking for any deals:
http://www.weetwood.co.uk/

Stickied.

I'll try and send my buddy from Knaresborough as a sub for me. Just FYI last January I played at Ripply (sp) Hall outside of York. Pics on my myspace

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=59007725&albumId=1614234

We also need to decide what we are going to bring to the party (apart from ourselves). Depending on space, I thought I would bring:

1980 Springy ST80
1980 Breezy TE70
2007 ES130

Mike

LS120 Reborn
LS120 Love Rock
LS 80 Reborn Old
ST50 Goldstar
TA-35 amp :D

And I may bring along a few other non-Tokai's as well, it's all very exciting!

Hmm. Nowt much to add that hasn't already been covered, but:

ST-80 Springy
LS-80 Reborn Old
2005 ES120
2004 LS130 SEB
Greco Zemaitis GZ-1900PF

I was keen on this from the outset but the fact that I work on Satudays and the distance to Leeds means that I'm going to miss the first of what will hopefully become a regular thing.

I just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck and hope it's a lot of fun.

All the best.

Chris

Iain Black is in depending on FA Cup replay (EFC v LFC). If LFC win then I will probably be going to the match unless I can squeeze in the morning. If EFC win then my wife will be going so I will have to bring the baby along with my babies if you get my drift.

What timings are we looking at?

I would bring my TST-40 for qulaity comparisson and my TST-55 with the surf green body and matching headstock for rarity value.

iainblack said:
Iain Black is in depending on FA Cup replay (EFC v LFC). If LFC win then I will probably be going to the match unless I can squeeze in the morning. If EFC win then my wife will be going so I will have to bring the baby along with my babies if you get my drift.

What timings are we looking at?

I would bring my TST-40 for qulaity comparisson and my TST-55 with the surf green body and matching headstock for rarity value.

I think we'll be looking at a mid-late morning start and about a 6:00pm finish.

Keep tight hold of the TST-55! I know of at least one person who might try and make a getaway with that one!! :evil:

Now who would that be? :lol:

Are we inviting Bob & Co. from Tokai UK? It would be good if Rich from Richtone could make it too - I assume Rich will have read this?

stratman323 said:
Now who would that be? :lol:

Are we inviting Bob & Co. from Tokai UK? It would be good if Rich from Richtone could make it too - I assume Rich will have read this?

That surf-green headstock is so nice!!

Well Mike, you've just got yourself a job, thanks for volunteering :wink: Drop Bob & Rich an email and see if they're coming.

I've just confirmed the date with the club manager. They OPEN at 12 and 6pm FINISH is OK. The car park at this club can accomodate 40-50 cars so I have the pub with 100+ car spaces as backup if the numbers suddenly mushroom.

I'll bring my Goldstar TST-55 and a Fender Pro Reverb

Mirrorboy, you are a star!!!! I think we'll be (un)lucky to get anywhere near those numbers but you never know :eek:

I am delighted to see this well shod extravaganza take shape but at roughly five hours train journey there and back, unfortunately Leeds is way out of court for me time and distance wise. So regrettably it looks like I am going to have to sit this one out...

Best of British to one and all!

Best regards,
Darren

I am delighted to see this well shod extravaganza take shape but at roughly five hours train journey there and back, unfortunately Leeds is way out of court for me time and distance wise. So regrettably it looks like I am going to have to sit this one out...

Best of British to one and all!

Best regards,
Darren

Moleman - It's 1 1/2 hours on a train, I'd be happy to pick you up at the station! What is it with you Londoners :wink:

5 hours!?! Are you planning on swinging by Calais on the way or something?

I can make it down from Liverpool in less than 2 hours. Leeds is even quicker.

Let's put it this way... even factoring in the tube, it'll take me longer to get from Lancashire to Leeds than it would coming up from London.

JohnA said:
Moleman - It's 1 1/2 hours on a train, I'd be happy to pick you up at the station! What is it with you Londoners :wink:

Well it's true that as a Londoner I have a somewhat hazy grasp of UK geography (especially North of Watford)... But I looked up the journey on the National Railways web site and I'm sure that it said: 2.25 hours per journey. Admittedly is was late in the evening so perhaps someone slipped something in my coffee.

That is a very kind offer, John! I will consider it carefully...

One question: is the convention ending by 6:00pm?

Best regards,
Darren

Back