Bacchus ID help needed

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the pics,
GetAttachment.jpg

bacchus1.jpg

bacchus.jpg

Mick

Bacchus are making stuff in Korea? I thought they were all hand made in Japan?

Mike

stratman323 said:
Bacchus are making stuff in Korea? I thought they were all hand made in Japan?

Mike

No, the lower end stuff , the 'Universe' series, and the wonderfully named 'Brian by Bacchus' are Korean. I think there is also some Chinese low end models.

JohnA said:
No, the lower end stuff , the 'Universe' series, and the wonderfully named 'Brian by Bacchus' are Korean. I think there is also some Chinese low end models.
Yes, all of them are MIC

Interesting....so I am the only schmuck in North America who has bought not one, but two Bacchus Universe guitars thinking they were the handmade variety!

I must say the Bacchus BST- 250 strat that I paid $240 for is way better than what you would get for that money at USA retailers. Its similar to a $450 MIM Fender. The BSA-800, which doesn't say Universe series anywhere on it, retailed for about US$800 and used ones are US$400. It's now discontinued.

What do you Guitar Gods think:

1) Go ahead and buy it for $650
2) Cancel the transaction
3) commit seppuku

:oops:

larklanekid said:
Interesting....so I am the only schmuck in North America who has bought not one, but two Bacchus Universe guitars thinking they were the handmade variety!

I must say the Bacchus BST- 250 strat that I paid $240 for is way better than what you would get for that money at USA retailers. Its similar to a $450 MIM Fender. The BSA-800, which doesn't say Universe series anywhere on it, retailed for about US$800 and used ones are US$400. It's now discontinued.

What do you Guitar Gods think:

1) Go ahead and buy it for $650
2) Cancel the transaction
3) commit seppuku

:oops:

There is a lot of snobbery about things made in China, just as there was in 1980 about things made in Japan. Without any doubt there are some excellent guitars coming out of China, the Chinese made Burny Les Pauls are, IMO, as good as a lot of Japanese guitars, and certainly better than most of the Korean made instruments.

You can't expect a $650 guitar to be had made in Japan, I've never played a SA800 but I would expect it to be a very good guitar, Bacchus wouldn't put there name to rubbish, same gos for Burny (Fernandes) and Tokai.

Go-ahead and buy it and don't worry about where it's made, as long as it's a great guitar!! It certainly looks the part!

I cancelled the transaction and the guitar has been relisted at a lower and attractive price..go for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bacchus-Semi-H...ryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I understand your point. One bothersome thing is that Bacchus introduced this model in 2008 and it appears, quickly discontinued it. It was originally priced at 800 yen (street price plus tax). Now they are offered in the Japanese market at 400 yen, in perfect condition. So they don't seem to be well loved. :(

While I know that you cant expect Bacchus to sell a Japanese built guitar for $650, my expectations are that I will be able to buy for $650 a good used Japanese built instrument. There's recession goin' on! :evil:

Finally, Chinese built guitars (in general - Eastman is an exception) are meant to be inexpensive instruments. They are made from inexpensive woods and inexpensive components. They have kerf joints in the necks and ceramic magnets :roll: in the pickups, etc. I had a Burny Les Paul and, IMHO, while it had some impressive fret work, it did not produce a good tone. :-?

"Universe" series = China, Korea

"global" series =Philippines

"Handmade" series =Japan

The factory in China makes the OEM of the major product.

Thank you Hisashi. So then, am I correct that you are saying that the SA-800 could be made in Korea? The detail features certainly remind me of product made by Peerless and their web site shows a Fire Fox guitar with similar features. Is this possible?

larklanekid said:
Thank you Hisashi. So then, am I correct that you are saying that the SA-800 could be made in Korea? The detail features certainly remind me of product made by Peerless and their web site shows a Fire Fox guitar with similar features. Is this possible?

I think that SA -800 is China.

A product made in Korea
BSA-1200

I recommend the Bacchus universe

BSA-1200.jpg

I had a BLS-700 6 month ago, it's a very well made guitar. Fretboard, inlays, fretting are well made. The electronic and the PU need to be replaced.
I notice that the PU are the same as the PU mounted on the Burny RLG-50.

I hope wood quality wouldn't be so good, but this guitar have the long tennon set neck.
Now, I have two Duke model (one black oil and one honeyburst lacquer), it's another world (and another price...) and there's no way to compare Universe and Handmade, but for the price, universe is a well built guitar.

Latest posts

Back