Bacchus BFV-58k

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonas

Reaction score
Greetings!

Maybe someone is interested in this guitar. I bought it some months ago and did some research. It's a BFV-58k and only 50 were build according to Masuda Minoru from Bacchus. The retail price was 250.000Yen then, pretty much for a V but in the normal range for a solid Korina one,-)))

Here are some pics

BacchusV005.jpg

Before pimping,-)))

BacchusV022.jpg

with new bridge

korina008.jpg

and finally with new pickguard and rubber strip next to my Custom Korina Explorer.

The overall built quality is amazingly clean with highgrade electronic components. The Pickups (not sure if they were Yutas) didn't sound good to me, so I changed them to Zhangliqun Paf's. It's more accurate made than the early 80's Gibson heritage Korina V's, but not that accurate as a new Historic Collection Korina V. Actually the headstock shape is not like the old ones, the neck joint is different (but the VBacchus also has the lip over the heel on the back like the old ones) and the body depth is a little bit smaller. And also it has a poly finish and no Braz board, but who cares, I just love those Korina guitars! Very special sound. There was also a Bacchus Futura Korina available, but they are hard to come by, maybe in the future...

Hope you liked it,-))

Bye

really nice ! Very interested in this guitar.
I have an orville by gibson 58 korina copy, a great guitar but it isnt korina and the neck heel isn't the same, but i guess it was alot cheaper.
Did u buy the rubber strip afterwards and if so, where ?

duff said:
really nice ! Very interested in this guitar.
I have an orville by gibson 58 korina copy, a great guitar but it isnt korina and the neck heel isn't the same, but i guess it was alot cheaper.
Did u buy the rubber strip afterwards and if so, where ?

Thanks a lot! Yes, I was also interested in the ObG Flying V and think that I have seen one made in solid Korina a few years ago on digimart, but it was VERY expensive.
The rubber strip I putted on afterwards yes, but I took it off again, because on the original V's it was inlaid in the bottom wing, and I didn't want to rout this beauty,-))) It's just an optical thing. Maybe I'll get a Gibson Lifton reissue case for the V (retails for 349? new here in germany :eek: )

Dave_Mc said:
oh wow, that looks great! nice explorer too :D

Thank you! I love Korina guitars, they are often lightweight and have a nice open sound too. Everyone who sees my Explorer is amazed, because it really looks like an old one, it has a copletely crackeled finish and a lot of signs of wear. It's a great axe for playing Bluesrock, luv it!,-))

i don't think i've ever tried a korina guitar... :oops: i know it's meant to be an excellent tonewood, though, will try one eventually. :)

Dave_Mc said:
i don't think i've ever tried a korina guitar... :oops: i know it's meant to be an excellent tonewood, though, will try one eventually. :)

Make sure it's real Korina.....tinted or stained mahogany is a frequent substitute.

Gorgeous Hamer! Do they all have the strap pin at the heel?

BTW: I saw a Bacchus BFV-58k on digimart, maybe it's for you?,-))
There were also some very nice Navigator Korina V's made with flamed Korina :eek: Unfortunately they don't pop up often, but one day.....

Latest posts

Back