Earliest Reborn ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fartoomany

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering, who has the earliest Reborn on here ?. Anyone got a '77 ?

According to information on this site and what I have read elsewhere the answer is yes. I have never seen a '77 though (not that I have been looking for long!)

I was told not Reborn before 1.978 by Mr. Adachi.I have seen one advertised as a '76 not sure if dating was OK as I couldn?t seen any serial number and close details.Weren?t Gaban brand stopped in '76?

Hi,

spotted this one from 1970 (????) ... but I can't believe it ... 8) :-?

http://www.j-guitar.com/sp/sea/view_detail.cgi?pid=10910750

Could that be true ??? NO !!

I think some Japanese sellers like to fuel the hype of US and EU buyers for the "vintage" Tokais ... :wink: :wink: :-?

Roger

luis said:
I was told not Reborn before 1.978 by Mr. Adachi.I have seen one advertised as a '76 not sure if dating was OK as I couldn?t seen any serial number and close details.Weren?t Gaban brand stopped in '76?
Can anyone else confirm\deny this?

If Mr. Adachi says that I belive it. Sometimes japanese sellers don?t know about Tokai(I guess because this forum they can learn and we can learn from them too another things).

Most of all Japanese sellers doesn't know 100% of Tokais models specs..
Even, in some of Yahoo Japan auction the sellers refered to my text/pics in the Tokai Registry.
The Tokais Registry/Forum enjoys even in Japan an excellent reputation.

vaporman from Hawaii told me about 8 years ago when I started collecting higher end Jap Guitars that Tokai was selling Les Paul Model on the headstock in 1976- Plaintop Reborns-Never seen one though :oops:

ok...
here's mine...
a 1978 Tokai les paul Reborn LS60...enjoy the pics...

" HAPPY NEW YEAR "

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4821-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture5001-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4991-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4992-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4998-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture5000-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4994-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4996-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4806-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

Vlad: We've bloody seen it!! Enough, already! :evil:

You're not the only one with a Tokai Les Paul ya know!

Why don't you stop clicking "Submit" now and put your right hand back where it usually lives - down your pants. :roll:

Come on guys, let's not be too harsh on Vlad. OK, he needn't have posted pics of his guitar so many times, but that's hardly the world's greatest crime is it? And it is a nice looking guitar.

This is usually such a friendly forum, let's not drive Vlad away. But please don't post the pics again Vlad!

8)

Agreed, I'm sure Vlad's just very pleased with his new Reborn and wants to share it with every one! we're always getting at people for not posting pics, maybe he over-did it a little, but he doesn't deserve abuse for it!

Nice guitar Vlad, although I am sick of the sight of it :wink:

Latest posts

Back