78 tokai reborn In the house

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timsmcm

Reaction score
man I cant believe it it is almost like it was never played. I have never owned a tokai but it is very nice. It seems like it was made better than my 4000.00 lespaul r9. I am very satisfied. :lol:

Hi Tim ? congrats on the Reborn ? at risk of sounding like the LPF .. DETAILS! PHOTOS! ? where?d you get her? Colour, is it an LS50 plain burst (most are)? Tone, feel, look, finish, what do you think? Even tell us the price if you want ?tell us all :-? .

Ian.

Ian It is a gold top with a darkback. I weighs in a 8.9 lbs. It is very big sounding guitar. It is a tad on the dark side which I like. Because the pickups match the sound of the guitar well. I have to say the japanese were making some incredible guitars at that time. It has some of the best workmanship of any guitar that I have seen. The guitar is in 9.95 shape and the case which is original is in 9.5 shape. I cant seem to remember ever seeing a case that would protect a guitar any better than this case. Neck is perfect. Tone and sustain for days. I have heard gibsons for way more money that did not sound and play near as good as this guitar. I hate to go over the the les paul forum and gloat but I think I need to because she is that good. Ian I dont know how to post picts If you will let me know how I will. :wink: These old guitars have the headstock with the right angle, I did not know that. I was in the market for a gibson goldtop r7 and I am glad I went with the tokai :p :) :lol: :D

Hi Tim ? oh yeah those early Reborns are really nice guitars ?R7 is great too, but everyman & his dog seems to have those now. Well admission time ?I?d love to see some pics, however, I don?t actually know how to post photos here :oops: ? yeah, yeah I know I?m listed as Mod, but you?ll have ask Ned how that happened lol! OK, I did check my old account at photobucket.com but that seems to have lapsed, by time I sort it out it?d be quicker if Ned or someone gives us proper instructions, or maybe Arthur or someone could host them for you? Arthur, anyone? :-?

Ian.

ok...
here's mine...
a 1978 Tokai les paul Reborn LS60...enjoy the pics...

" HAPPY NEW YEAR "

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4821-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture5001-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4991-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4992-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4998-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture5000-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4994-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4996-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978-picture4806-vlad-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60-year-1978.jpg

Hey Vlad

I think we have seen your guitar now, so you dont have to hijack every tread with pics of it.

timsmcm said:
Ian I dont know how to post picts If you will let me know how I will. :wink:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9012

8)

Mike

what??
hahahahhaa...
do i care???
no i dont care...
i juz wanna be friends with all peoples in this forum...
so..
what i know now...
peoples in this forums are very very rude...
im dissapointed...
very very dissapointed...
and this is the boring forum that i ever join...

thanks...

vladmaximus said:
ok...
here's mine...
a 1978 Tokai les paul Reborn LS60...enjoy the pics...

My God ... in the meantime whenever I'm ready for looking at a thread I'm praying: Please don't let it happen again ... but it's all in vain ... :cry:
... closing my eyes I can see the those letters now in my mind's eye ... :eek:

BTW - you must know I'm also over at MLPF ... :(
... and I'm considering seriously to purchase that guitar by now to stop that nightmare ... :wink:
Roger

sorry to say that: but are you sure that you did not buy one of the newer chinese copies?

I cannot see the fat maple top on your pics (in the cut). I am also in 2 minds about the double-ring tuners on a 78 with this very top as it does not fit a 59 (not sure...).

The back-electronics cover looks wrong (could be the angle of your pics).

Would you mind to post some pics of the pups and the neck-joint? You'll find some ref at photobucket/rgrafend. I play a 79 LS80.

Cheers! Rup

pickups?

neck joint??

ok..check it out bro...and thanks...

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture11087-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture11086-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics.jpg

this is the original tokai "X" pickups --->
vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10620-vlad-1978-tokai-les-paul-reborn-ls60.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10227-machine-head-3.jpg

original pc board,but i changed the volume pots for coil tapping...
vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10235-pc-board-1.jpg

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10238-pc-board-4.jpg

original bridge & alloy tailpiece --->
vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10248-tailpiece-bridge-3.jpg

long tenon neck cavity --->
vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10283-neck-cavity-4.jpg

bridge cavity,check out the maple top --->

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10277-bridge-cavity-1.jpg

switch --->
vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10253-switch-1.jpg

switch cavity --->
vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10256-switch-cavity.jpg

very very dark fingerboard..and its got "60" on it...
vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10257-fingerboard.jpg

thanks...any comment?

I didn't know you could change a pot on those circuit boards - I thought you had to leave them as they are or junk the lot. So thanks Vlad, I've learned something new today.

:p

Mike

Back