Beatlesand Christmas

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
:D Nothing says Christmas more than a Guitar under the tree and The Beatles! Be it in the 60's and a copy of "Rubber Soul "or a Red Stratocaster , thats what it's always been about! So this year along with "Let it Be Naked" there under the tree was the Beatles Anthology on DVD!!! This years best present! I saw it back in the 90's when it was on TV, but that was just a fraction of what is there! It's worth the money! The most uplifting , feel good thing I have ever seen! It now ranks as my favorite"movie"? Lets just say I choose it over my former fave Kathleen Turner in "Body Heat"!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 8) TG :lol:

Haven't seen the Anthology but I can say that Let It Be Naked ranks near the top as one of my favorite Beatles albums. I'm pretty much a Revolver guy but the stripped (pun intended) down version of Let It Be rocks.

:D I too am a "Revolver" fan! My favorite is "Beatles 65'", I know we in the states were ripped off by Capitol but that is the way I remember the music. Iwould like to see the whole catalog re-released in USA versions on Capitol in Stereo! But Ned, you will love the Anthology! They are selling factory sealed new copies on Ebay for under $50. The bonus disc is awesome! Paul, George and Ringo talking about the old days is the best! George isn't so much the Quiet Beatle or Mystical one as he is the Coolest Beatle...very laid back and funny! And as for the equipment used ...You will love it! I was very effected by the whole Beatle thing growing up, so it was like looking at old photos and reliving life! Cheers! 8) TG

I was there jumping up and down on my couch in '64 when they performed on "Ed Sullivan", saw them live in '66, and to this day I am so happy they've provided the background music to my life. The Anthology is sooo great. I've got the VHS version, but had a chance to see the extra disc in the DVD format, and it is the best of all. That final disc really touched me deeply.

But thats not to say a young Kathleen Turner in "Body Heat" didn't do it for me either. :wink:

Latest posts

Back