ST100 on ebay ??? Some doubts ...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudor

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have my hands on this one but from the serial # it can't be an ST100 ... right ??? 7 digits ... never !!!
I've asked the seller for close up pics of the (stamped) fretboard and the cavities ... it doesn't seem to have the stamp at the fretboard, otherwise he would have mentioned it in his response ... and it seems that he's not willing to demount the pickguard.
He also claims that it has a 2 tone sb surface ... from the pics I'd say it's a 3 tone one ...
So - many doubts ... what do you mean ???

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160304368666&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:DE:1123

Roger

Looks nice, whatever it is. Hard to tell if it's 3 tone or 2 tone. Shame about the pickup covers though - I have no problem with changing pickups, but use the old covers! And why are so many pickups manufactureres stamping their name on pickups or covers these days?

Good luck if you go for it, Roger.

Mike

It looks from the photo like it has a V-neck, which would make it at least an ST-80 I suppose...

I think the 1980 serial number is consistent with the 3-ply scratchplate and lack of skunk stripe/walnut plug, which erroneously appeared on the 79 Springys.

I cant read or speak German ( a few swear words maybe ) :p

ITS not a ST-100 thats for sure :wink:

if its not stamped 100, and it doesn't have gold hardware, and he won't answer the questions you asked, thats too many doubts for me to bid,

it could be anything ..

theres just not enough information to know..

the minimum info needed...how many pieces is the body? and what are the markings..and is it a V neck for sure..

so thats one thing possibly against it being an st-100..

I think there were ST-100's with 2 piece ..which i seem to remember seeing at some stage..but it gives you more indication that it might not be rather than might be..

Thanks, guys, for all your comments and your good wishes, Mike ...

The seller has stopped the auction ... whatever the reason was for this decision it has had a fishy smell.
... and he had stated in his description that any queries about ending the auction earlier would be useless ...
I don't hope he wasn't scared by my thread, because I've told him that I'm a member of this forum ... 8)

Roger
:( :( ... so I'll have to wait for another chance ... :( :(

... just one additional question concerning the ST100 ...

Why do these '80s models have a 7-digit ser # ???
I've thought the # must have 4 digits only ... :-?

Roger

Latest posts

Back