the strength of the yen..worrying..

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnA said:
stratman323 said:
I'm far too stupid to understand exchange rates, but I would have thought that car sales, in particular, were a major part of the Japanese economy. But not all Japanese cars are made in Japan - I think it's Nissan who have a huge factory up near JohnA, & I think there are others too. Does this affect them? If not, they must be glad they have these other factories to rely on.

Yes it affects them in a big way!

If Nissan Sunderland was forecast to sell 1000 micra's a month at ?10,000 each that meant the parent company was rubbing hands waiting for 2300000 Yen each month, now they will be getting 1360000, so everyone in Sunderland will lose their jobs!!

on the flip side, though, the wages are going to cost them less- don't know much about economics, but i'd have thought that'd help the company rather than hurt it. After all, companies outsource to places where the wages are lower. but that might be moot if UK-built cars are only sold in the UK (i have no idea if they are or not).

i think the bigger problem is that no-one is buying any cars. :lol:

Does anyone find it strange that nearly all these old MIJ guitars seem to be sold overseas rather than at home?

thechadz03 said:
Does anyone find it strange that nearly all these old MIJ guitars seem to be sold overseas rather than at home?

Don't know where "home" is if you don't put it on your profile. :roll:

thechadz03 said:

For many years, the folks in the USA wondered the same about the old Gibsons/Fenders/Martins. It is a global market on these, imo.

thechadz03 said:

the larger market for the MIJ guitars is not within Japan but is rather outside of Japan

the market for guitars within Japan is USA made guitars; Gibson, Fender, Martin, etc. .............

Latest posts

Back