Just won a Tokai ST 80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also Kitarist: Try to avoid your provocative postings at TGP forum.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=471441&highlight=tokai&page=4

Probably you risk to get banned there...

Tell you one thing I learned though:

I didn't know Tokai used the '60s control cavity routing on 50's Strats.

Makes sense I suppose to use one body template for both types of guitar. It'll keep tooling costs down. Also means you can use either type of pickguard.

That's a lovely piece of wood on that ST80 Dude! 8)

Goestoeleven said:
I didn't know Tokai used the '60s control cavity routing on 50's Strats.

Do you mean mine or Kitarist's? Mine has a RW board, so 60s copy.

Well done Wilson. I was wondering who'd be the first one of you men to spot that. As you were. :oops:

(I just saw the 2-tone sunburst and didn't look at the neck. Oops!)

Easy mistake, 2 tone SB and ash body are both wrong for a 60s Strat, as you know. I like the ash, but I wish it was 3 tone, like my ST60. The wood on the 60 is nicer too. :wink:

stratman323 said:
Easy mistake, 2 tone SB and ash body are both wrong for a 60s Strat, as you know. I like the ash, but I wish it was 3 tone, like my ST60. The wood on the 60 is nicer too. :wink:

Well, the Fender ones used to go from 3-Tone SB to 2-Tone over the course of 20 years' worth of sunlight anyway, so I guess the end result is pretty authentic! :wink:

Ow still no guitar.. i'm probably getting it today. I already got the pedal and i bought it on the same day.

Still no guitar ow man.. The seller said he posted it on monday (he could already post it on friday but seems he didnt...) so it should be here in 3 or 5 days.

Stil no guitar.. i hope he didnt screw me.Seems that USPS takes longer than DHL.. or he just didnt send the guitar..

3-5 days = wait until next Tuesday before entering panic mode, surely?

If it was posted on Monday - even without assuming it was later in the day when he'd finished work or what have you, then the courier will probably only start counting on Tuesday.

Tues - day 1
Weds - 2
Thurs - 3 (ie. the earliest it could arrive is today)
Fri - 4
Mon - 5

He also isnt answering any emails now for 2 days. (he also didnt anwer all my questions earlier also so i'm not surprised so much).

I bought a guitar from the US back in July (when it was $2 to ?1 - a rare bit of good judgement by me!). It came via USPS, and I recall that it took the best part of a month to get to me, with several days delay in posting, then shipping it over, then all the delays with UK Customs, then the delay in getting it to the local Parcel Force depot.

But it was worth the wait - it's a great guitar, & it turned out to be great value. I hope you're a young person Kitarist - if you're getting on in years like many of us, all this worry won't be good for your blood pressure!

I JUST RECEIVED THE GUITAR!!!!

Is it safe to unpack the case

I'm too afraid to unpack the whole guitar because the whole case is cold and so is the guitar. I'll just wait an hour or two. I alredy saw the headstock and its amazing !!! wow it looks 3x better in person than on the pictures.

It seems that i'll never sell the guitar. Also review is coming soon!!!

Kitarist said:
I JUST RECEIVED THE GUITAR!!!!

Is it safe to unpack the case

I'm too afraid to unpack the whole guitar because the whole case is cold and so is the guitar. I'll just wait an hour or two. I alredy saw the headstock and its amazing !!! wow it looks 3x better in person than on the pictures.

It seems that i'll never sell the guitar. Also review is coming soon!!!

Open her up, she'll be fine :D

I just opened up the case. OMG the guitar is beautiful!!! also i checked the amber pickups on their website which are hand wound and use original vintage wire. One pickup is 90 euro and i have a whole set!!! so thats around 270 euros without shipping just for the pickups!!! I also received original E pickups packed. (how much are they worth)

Thanks!!

Back