Any famous players using Tokais on stage?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim Farris of INXS plays a Talbo. The other huge name (in Japan) is Hisashi from the band Glay. In general Tokai doesn't have official endorsee's.

Ned

The Rev. Billy Gibbons has used a Love Rock live.
Not sure if he still does though.

Being a Houston native I can definately attest to Billy G using a Love Rocks. Also used to see Stevie Ray playing bars in Austin but don't remember if it was a Tokai for Fender.

Also, at last years NAMM show as Paul Stanley was walking by the booth he stopped and pointed out that "those are awesome guitars, glad their back".

Ned

Duke Robillard (who?) from the Fabulous T-Birds (thats who!) has one in his arsenal and apparently loves it!! say no more :wink:

I noticed Roland Orzobal of "Tears For Fears" using a really nice Black Goldstar Sound on their classic video "Everybody wants to rule the world" the other day when watching VH-1 Classic Hits.

Tim Farris from INXS has a few Tokais with 3/Talbos, a MAT, breezy sounds etc. I have seen his brother Andrew play a Talbo as well.
Nile Rogers put Tim onto Tokais and Nile claimed that Tokais were the main guitar sound on Bowies Lets Dance album.
I heard Rory Gallager played some recorded slide on a Talbo....but dont know which album or songs.
Yeah I know .....just a rumormonger.
BB

I can confirm Billy Gibbons played a Love Rock on stage on 1999 spanish tour.I was lookin at some pictures taken on the concert andI had an idea 8) .I scan the photo and added higher resolution and...there it was! TOKAI on hedstock.Bingo!

Hi !
A friend of mine saw Billy Gibbons in Norway a few years ago, and I remember he thought Gibbons was playing a tokai... I think it was the Antenna tour.

I also heard Joe Walsh toured with tokais in the mid eighties, because they could easily be replaced when stolen.... :lol:

I have seen some old interwiews with Walsh where "heee iiiiezz taaalkiiiin reeal zlooough". Though a really great player, it is no secret he was heavily into drugs (and chewing gum) for years. Couldn?t have been that difficult to snap a guitar around him.... Well he?s said to have been given away a few too....

Listen to Barnstorm in case you haven?t heard it. No Tokais on that, But a GREAT album !'

Stian

Hello !
It probably won?t mean a lot to most of you guys, But the "B-bender post" brought to my mind that Oystein Sunde (One of Norways most profiled guitarists for the last 35 years) use an original red b-bender-equipped Breezysound a lot. I have seen him using it live, and it also appeared in countless TV shows the last 15 years....

Just for information.... Sunde is appreciated for his fingerstyle folk/country style and his witty/smart lyrics.

Stian

Any country fans out there? I've seen the Dixie Chicks video for "Travelling Soldier" a couple of times and could swear the singer chick is playing a Tokai acoustic. Its a sunburst Gibson jumbo-style, and, although all the shots are too quick, the name on the headstock looks for all the world like "Tokai" rather than "Gibson" in the old style script. My wife concurs.

Check it out, if you can tear your eyes away from the dark-haired chick long enough. :wink:

Back