Someone is going to get taken...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasp100

Reaction score
Oh well. I posted a little about this guitar (and this sh*tty ebay sc*mb*g seller). I used to own this guitar, I got ripped off and it was in bad shape. I cleaned it up well and it actually got to playing pretty well, but not what you'd expect after hearing such glowing things about old Greco's.
Anyway, this jackoff bought it from me sold AS-IS. I explained everything perfectly and the pr*ck basically forced me into a partial $100 refund to replace the tuners. So, he ended up paying $375.
A week later, he flips it on ebay for a LOT more apparently and didn't do ONE **** thing with the $100 to fix the guitar.
Save your money....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110316772840

leadguitar_323 said:
I have been looking at stuff on ebay Australia and as far as i know you can still leave negative feedback on there..??

Mick

Directly from ebay:

Important changes to Feedback
Buyers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral Feedback from sellers.

You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings.

Hi Marcus, all that says is that "sellers" can't leave negative feedback, buyers still can as far as i know. That is protecting buyers from unscrupulous sellers that reject negative feedback by turning it back on the buyer, just because they can.

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Hi Marcus, all that says is that "sellers" can't leave negative feedback, buyers still can as far as i know. That is protecting buyers from unscrupulous sellers that reject negative feedback by turning it back on the buyer, just because they can.

Mick

Thanks Mick....got that. But when you get a problem buyer as we all have at one time or another (late pay, insufficient funds, nitpicking the item as not being what he buyed while fully disclosed with description and photos, etc), the seller no longer has any recourse other than leaving no feedback at all - while the buyer can flame the seller for any reason he wants.

I always used to look at the buying history feedback comments of a bidder or winner of something I'm selling - gave me a better idea of what I'm dealing with. Now, that's gone......

with all due respect....How does someone "force you" into a 100 dollar refund for the tuners?

He bought the guitar so why can't he sell it? I admit his ad is a bunch of ******** with the "lawsuit" and such...but caveat emptor right?

If people don't want to get ripped off on japanese guitars than they should do their homework.

soundcreation said:
with all due respect....How does someone "force you" into a 100 dollar refund for the tuners?

If it's paid for with a credit card, they can dispute the charge with their bank and withold payment entirely until resolved or come to an agreement on an adjustment to the charge.

soundcreation said:

quote]

Some people just try it on!! If you sell quite a few guitars on ebay, your feedback profile is really important, if someone demands $100 and threatens to leave -ve feedback if they don't get it they have you over a barrel!!

I once sold a Fernandes Revival to someone in the US, who claimed the decal had been replaced (it hadn't) and demanded 50% of the purchace price in exchange for +ve feedback. I told him to bugger off, and return the guitar for a full refund. You could tell by his reaction that he wanted the guitar, but was basically trying to rob me!!

Ebay's policies are set up primarily to protect ebay, then the buyer, the poor sellers get a rough deal, and they are the ones paying for the service!

This is pretty common practice on eBay these days, it seems. Your only other option would've been to offer him a full refund in exchange for sending the guitar back, less shipping. Then you would've still had the guitar and the whole process would've eaten up a month (PayPal holds fees in cases like this, sometimes).

I offered him a full refund less shipping, and he spat his dummy out and filed an 'item significantly not as described' case against me even though the guitar was 100% as described.

Once the buyer provided a tracking number to Paypal (which could have been for anything) Paypal took a full refund from my account including shipping. All without even asking me for my side of the story!

The buyer had a very shabby feedback profile which included selling an expensive amp as "not working no sound coming out" and actually sold an empty head cabinet!! :roll:

After contacting Paypal I was told that for legal reasons they have to accept the word of the buyer.

stratman323 said:
marcusnieman said:
Screw eBay and Paypal.....

If there was a viable alternative, we could. But there isn't.

:cry:

Here we have Craigs List. It's an auction site that's pretty much nationwide but specific to the larger cities. No cost, listing fees or anything like that. You list your piece for local sale, post pictures and go from there.

Latest posts

Back