Nice price on an ST-60 on eBay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
$649 BIN and it's already in the States...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220320562068

I am thinking about it. I really don't know much about Tokai's though, is this a real good one? Does everything look right on it?

Thanks,
Brock

After looking a little more, it seems this is a SS-60 model and not a ST, is there a difference between the two? And also it has a 7 digit serial number starting with a 1. What pickups would this Tokai have? Is this poly finish then?

It's a Springy ST60. Silver Stars (the 70s Strat clones) are SS models. It's poly, nitro is only on models numbered 80 or above. Pickups could either be Us or Es - you could ask the seller if you care, but both pickups have their supporters, & the Us are a little more powerful.

I bought it! Seller said it was all original and if he remembers right it has the U pick-ups.

marcusnieman said:
btmish said:
I bought it! Seller said it was all original and if he remembers right it has the U pick-ups.

Cool....congrats. Give us a report when it arrives.

Thanks! I can't wait to get this in my hands. I love my Bacchus and Moon strats, but have been wanting to try a more vintage Japanese brand, such as Tokai or Greco. I don't really know much about them, but it seems this model seems like it will be a decent player. Not the highest models, but seems like maybe a good Value?

Congrats, you are surely gonna be pleased. How do you rate your other strats? I have a little GAS over the bacchus strats, seems to be very nice ones.

PetJyr said:
Congrats, you are surely gonna be pleased. How do you rate your other strats? I have a little GAS over the bacchus strats, seems to be very nice ones.

The Bacchus are REAL nice. I have a 62-RE and a SRV. I may end up selling the SRV. It is pretty sweet, but I just have more of a connection to the 62....probably my favorite guitar. The PGM moon is very nice as well, although they are somewhat harder to find. It will be interesting to see how the ST-60 stacks up.

Back