Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lefty greco on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommyg
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: lefty greco on ebay Reply with quote

hi guys,
i am a lefty, and there is a lefty greco on ebay for $699. can anyone make out the numbers on the headstock? and if it is worth 700bucks?
thanks much, men.
tommy
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link please Tommy....

Mick
tommyg
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: lefty greco on ebay Reply with quote

hey mick!
i am 51 years old..and i don't know how to copy and paste!!!!!!!
(it's the "brain drain").i'll see if i can get the number of that item and type it in.
thanks pal.
tommy
tommyg
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: lefty greco les paul Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lefty-Greco-Les-Paul-STD-Japan-Left-Handed-HSC-LH_W0QQitemZ230308084233QQihZ013QQcategoryZ155301QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: lefty greco on ebay Reply with quote

tommyg wrote:
hey mick!
i am 51 years old..and i don't know how to copy and paste!!!!!!!
(it's the "brain drain").i'll see if i can get the number of that item and type it in.
thanks pal.
tommy

It's the age thing - if you were 15 you would have learned to do that before you learned to walk!

Right click on your mouse to copy (select copy from the drop down box), then right click again to paste in your chosen location. That's on a PC - if you have a Mac it's different, but you'll have to ask someone else.

Edit - you beat me to it - well done.
tommyg
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: lefty greco on ebay Reply with quote

mick and stratman323...
did it work?
i just noticed a lefty burny les paul also.
don't make me get that one,too. you're dealing with shemp howard here.
tommy
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, works fine. It's easy when you know how, isn't it?

marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: lefty greco les paul Reply with quote

tommyg wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lefty-Greco-Les-Paul-STD-Japan-Left-Handed-HSC-LH_W0QQitemZ230308084233QQihZ013QQcategoryZ155301QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nice one.
tommyg
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: lefty greco on ebay Reply with quote

marcus...is that a decent guitar? like not high end, but not a turd either?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: lefty greco on ebay Reply with quote

tommyg wrote:
marcus...is that a decent guitar? like not high end, but not a turd either?

Don't know enough about the Greco Les Pauls to answer that with 100% confidence. Hard to tell without further info or pictures. Can't make anything out on the serial number.

Some things to notice - it has a long tenon (which is a good thing) and can help identify the model or year range.

Also, no name on the headstock (Super Real, etc) could be a clue as to it's pedigree.
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make out the numbers on the back of the headstock but it is a "Mint Collection" greco LP standard, looks to be in fine condition and comes with a hard shell case. If you are in the US then its a reasonable price.

Mick
LarryC
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are nice guitars..looks like a 1989 model,poly finish.the necks are on the slimmer side,and the burst colors on those look very "orangy",I wouldn't pay more than 600 though.and I'm not sure if the later Mint Collection models are as good as the early ones(I had a '83) and also not sure about the lefty thing as far as prices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: