OK, So what is in your collection?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New in stock!
Some Tokai rarities you may see not every day.
SG175 faded chery
JC65JS Black Beauty
FV60 MS BW
FV80 BS
VS80 OF

SG175 - one piece stunning and rare Honduras mahogany in faded cherry ..

img6346mediumdm2.jpg

img6347mediumxp6.jpg

img6348mediumxl3.jpg

img6354mediumcr1.jpg

Mine?

Tokai LS75/85 Love Rock in Tobacco Sunburst from 2004. Stock, except for Gibson 'Standard' LP Truss rod cover and "Grover Deluxe" Vintage-style tuners.

PICT0003.jpg

Fender Japan '62 reissue Strat in Candy Apple Red with Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II's.

62Strat2.jpg

Fender Japan JV serial '57 Reissue Strat from 1984 in black, converted to "Eric Clapton" spec. with TBX, Active mid-boost and Gold Lace Sensors in the mid 90's.

107-0730_IMG.jpg

107-0742_IMG.jpg

Fender Japan '57 Reissue in Candy Apple Red from 1988 with Lace Sensor Hot Golds (Dave Gilmour look).

PICT0039.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

Washburn D13N Acoustic with Martin 000-28EC Pickguard, bone bridge pins, Tusq bridge and nut. Great acoustic for very little money. Highly recommended!

(Currently dismantled - repainted) Fender Japan '57 Reissue Strat from late 80's (E Serial) fitted with Fender Tex-Mex pickups. Was 2-tone Sunburst, now Ducati Red.

My kit:

'08 Tokai LS-150Q Oak Finish / SD Jazz set
'?? Tokai Goldstar Olympic white, rosewood / Tonerider Vintage set

-Fender Super Champ XD

(Coming Soon) -Ceriatone 2550 Silver Jubilee Clone

Pedals:

Boss DS-2 / Modded
Boss DS-1 / Ultra mod
MXR Micro Amp
EH Big Muff Pi RI / Modded
Wilson Effects Ten spot 2 Wah / Ibanez WH-10 Clone

Thats about it i think :)

Great to see all your cool gear folks ! (I am doing my best to catch up!):p

1 Dunlop pick 1.2 mm (very rare semi "see through" type) Pretty worn out but plays like a bell. One of may all time favourites !
1 Dunlop USA 2.0 mm. Maybe ?ll get rid of this one ! Way too thick for me !
1 "JIM" Dunlop 0.73 mm. Great for reversing and scraping against the strings to get that old "scraping" sound... :eek:
1 "Noname" Nylon mother of pearl imitation. Most likely russian. Only use it when my mother drops by. Sounds a bit.. vague to me.
1 Dunlop "USA" 1.14 mm. Purple.. moderately worn.
1 "USA" Nylon 0.60 mm. Great for Jazz !!!! Does anyone know how to play jazz.. ?
1 Fender "Heavy" This I only use for gigs. Mint Condition !

And oh btw !!!

1 Tokai Love Rock LS-150 Oak Customshop. Great for bedroom practising, and imagining I am on a huge stage with approximately 60-75.000 people worshipping me etc.
Sounds good occasionally, depending on my mood.
1 Washburn acoustic cutaway. (for slide droptuning and stupid songs I imitate) Has a built in mic. of some sort, a 9 volt battery and a female XLR connector- in case you need to feed it to a mixer/ audio interface etc.. sounds wierd on some of the frets.. especially the A and D string from the 4 to the 12 fret.. like it has a build in distortion.. sometimes it?s nice, but I would prefer it wasn?t there to begin with.. with slide there is no problem though.
1 Fender Champion 600 with D.I.Y. mod.
(accidentally I stuck a screwdriver through the fabric & the speaker..) Doesn?t really affect the sound though, since the speaker sounds like a small cardboard-box to begin with, but it looks messy.
2 jack cables. 1 "noname", and one "Dimarzio" Both with angled Jack !
Great feature ! Doesn?t affect the sound, and you can play around corners with these babies ! Great for hiding from your neighbours in your wardrobe closet !
1 Boss DS-1 (orange paint with black letters and 3 adjustable knobs to make it sound different from last time you played )
1 Line 6 pocket pod. Sounds wierd sometimes..Especially the higher frequencies, the lower frequencies and the midtones.. like an elephant stepping on the jack cable.. Must be something inside the box I guess.. Also great for bedroom practising, and imagining I am on a HUGE stage with approximately 60-75.000 people worshipping me etc.
1 "Noname" 3 to 12 volt powersupply with multiple standards interface,
probably chinese or korean.
1 book titled: " Play your first gig without getting kicked"

Thats about it I believe ! 8)

OK, I'll play ...

My main gigging guitars:
Tokai LS160S
Gibson ES-335
Gibson ES-175
Fender Thin Skin '57 Stratocaster

less used or collecting dust:
Gibson Les Paul '58 RI
Gibson Les Paul Faded DC
Gibson ES-135
Fender B-Bender Telecaster
Fender Squier Stratocaster (early Japan model)
Custom made semihollow Tele
Custom made semihollow small body ES-335 type of thing
Carter D-10 pedal steel guitar
Custom made EH-150 lap steel clone
self made solid lap steel
self made semi hollow lap steel
self made 8-string lap steel

accoustics:
Gibson J-200
Guild D-28
Washburn Dreadnought
Regal Dobro wooden body
noname nylon string
noname steelstring

disassembled:
Hondo Strat copy
Guild Strat copy

Amps:
Tweed Super
Tweed Twin
Fender Pro Junior with 12" speaker
Fender Deluxe Reverb RI

collecting dust:
Marshall 75W 1x12 solid state combo
Park 5W practicing amp

Pedals in use:
old Boss reverb

Pedals sometimes in use:
T-Rex Tremster
Maxon AD999
Maxon TS9

collecting dust:
Morly Wah
Cry Baby Wah
The Rat
Ibanez modulation delay
Ibanez Flanger
Ibanez Chorus
Boss Compressor

there is probably some stuff I have forgotten about ...

As I browse through this list I begin to realize that I have way too much gear and that I need to sell some of this ... and buy new stuff for the money :D :D :D

Bluefinger said:
As I browse through this list I begin to realize that I have way too much gear and that I need to sell some of this ... and buy new stuff for the money :D :D :D

Could I tempt the gentleman with the blue fingers with a slightly used:

1 "Noname" Nylon mother of pearl imitation Pick. Most likely russian ?

I?ll swop it for something else, like the LS 160 S?
I mean, you gig, and they have become a bit too overxposed throughout the years.. no ? :p

labbi said:
Bluefinger said:

Could I tempt the gentleman with the blue fingers with a slightly used:

1 "Noname" Nylon mother of pearl imitation Pick. Most likely russian ?

I?ll swop it for something else, like the LS 160 S?
I mean, you gig, and they have become a bit too overxposed throughout the years.. no ? :p

it's tempting but I think I'll pass on the deal this time ... but if you throw in a couple of spare string ball ends I might reconsider :wink:

Back