Pricing Super Editions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monofever

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post and I'm asking a question, so I apologize in advance if it upsets any one.

I have been offered an '83 Black TST80 Suoer Edition by the original owner, it has gold/brass hardware, painted black neck, locking at nut and bridge, no trem bar, around a dozen chunks of paint out of the body, dirt and grime etc. so not showroom, Rosewood board, plays well although it seems to lack a bit of grit from the pickups.

What do you think a fair price range is ?

once again, thanks to anyone prepared to give an answer.

Hmm in todays market it realy could be up to the buyer to dictate the price. I paid ?100 for my custom edition but that was a long time ago (15 years) try looking at similar guitars in 2nd hand shops.

It partly depends where you are, but you haven't told us that. It's easy to include it as part of your profile, like on mine.

<

How do you know it's a TST80?

Mike

I'm in the UK, London, so the price will probably be as high as it gets. The guy who's selling it assures me it is a TST80, but I don't know enough about the model specs to tell, it certainly has Super Edition on the headstock, but no oldies but goldies sticker. Apparently he ordered it directly from Tokai in black which was not the normal finish.

OK, well Tokai prices have been very up & down in the UK recently! With many Tokai models, the ones from 80 upwards are nitro finished, so more desirable & valuable. It certainly applies to the Springys, but I'm not sure about the Super Editions. I'm always wary of people who claim that a guitar is an "80" unless they can prove it. There would have been a sticker on the back of the neck giving the model number - it might be worth asking the seller if the sticker is still there.

Do you have any pics you can show us? That might help.

Sorry no photos, there is a small sticker on the back of the neck, I think it only says Japan but I could be wrong. I would have to trust the guy, I've no real reason not to.

Latest posts

Back