Help me figure out tremelo arm size - 84 Super Edition Strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shankster

Reaction score
I have a Tokai Super Edition Strat, around 84 vintage I think - Tremelo arm is missing. It has the Final Prospect bridge. Can anyone tell me what the diameter / thread size is so that I can by a new one? Is it metric or english sizing? Will a Fender work?

marcusnieman said:
Most all parts on Tokai's are metric. You can try a Fender or Allparts version but it may not fit.

OK thanks - maybe I should just go down to the local hardware store and try screwing various size bolts in there to figure it out. Nearest town with a decent guitar store is 200 miles so I don't really have the option of trying out different whammy bars.

I'm pretty sure the thread size is M5.5 or M5. Can't recall which though. The metric screw that has an 8mm hex head I think is the right size. Actually, that would make it a 5mm Allen key wouldn't it? So maybe it is M5 after all. Try one and see.

Try one off a Japanese Strat like a Squier or similar.

95% certain it won't be an imperial size. That would be taking vintage accuracy a bit too far!

If you have absolutely no joy getting one then just get an imperial one, cut the threaded bit off and re-thread it with the correct die. As far as I remember the actual rod diameter is pretty similar. It'll be about half an inch shorter than usual but it'll work.

Latest posts

Back