Goldstar TST40 machine head replacements

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fury_dice

Reaction score
I'd like to put some better machine heads on my '84 Goldstar - it's a 40 and currently has the 'cheaper' sealed type - but don't want to leave any holes showing (as the Kluson types would). Does anyone know of some quality parts that would be a direct fit? I'm sure I've seen some Schallers marked with the Fender 'F' that looked about the same, but I can't rememver where... :oops:

Like these? (If it's a 70's style of course) Only ones I can recall with the "F" mark on them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Vintage-70s-RI-F-TUNERS-RH-Strat-Tele-New_W0QQitemZ230304602347QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230304602347&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Thanks for that. I think those were the ones that I'd seen - I'll have to take one off and see if the fittings and hole size are the same.

If I remember correctly-the hole spacing is different?? The Klusens don't just fit on there??

Kluson type tuners will cover all the old screw holes that were used for the Gotoh budget tuners except for part of one hole on the high E tuner. I replaced the Gotoh tuners on my AST-40 Goldstar with old "Deluxe" stamped Klusons.

Mike

javelin70 said:
Kluson type tuners will cover all the old screw holes that were used for the Gotoh budget tuners except for part of one hole on the high E tuner. I replaced the Gotoh tuners on my AST-40 Goldstar with old "Deluxe" stamped Klusons.

Mike

Excellent - thanks for the info Mike. I think that's the route I'll probably go if I keep the guitar. David.

Latest posts

Back