So, did Tokai ever make tube amps?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so.Tokai offered this solid state tweed look amps in a few years.Maybe at the same time the stompboxes were on catalogue.

:eek: I saw one back in84' at the Dallas Guitar show...but wait here is what I recall: a combo amp with 1 12",silver metal speaker cover/ a metal grill not fabric, a dark redwood looking cabinet witha highly polished laquered finish. It was displayed with a Springy Sound 56' two tone sunburst, the amp was typical of the "boutique style" amps of that time. I think it was labeled "Studio Master". The rep at the booth was an older gentleman in a suit who looked like a shoe store manager from the 50's {he wore a tie clip!} He said that the Springy was not for sale nor the amp, the Springy had been discontinued and repaced by the new AST models. My feeling was that they were testing the waters with the amp, I know it was MIJ and the rep said they would be arriving in the comming year. IMC was the Tokai distributor in the US and they were based in Ft. Worth Tx so we did see a lot of "strange" items from Japan. The little Tweed Toks are fairly common here in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. 8) I guess this just muddies the water! :wink: TG

Latest posts

Back