Higher res scan from 85 catalogue needed!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsuspend

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with a higher resolution scan of this page?
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai8511.jpg
I'm particularly interested in the PJ55 Bass.

Thanks! :)
/Magnus

Send me your e.mail ad in a PM, Magnus. I'll try to scan mine over the next couple of days, though you might have to remind me.

Mike

Hey Magnus,
I have a similar bass to this (TJB-55 MRR I think?). It's a Precision/Jazz cross (P-pickups at neck, J-pickup at bridge). Mine has a 3-ply laminate pickguard (the one you're looking at doesn't seem to have a pickguard), 3-screw tuners and, I think, a Jazz Sound style bridge. It doesn't have gold hardware, but has a painted headstock to match the body--I suspect these all do, though I can't say for certain. It says Jazz Sound on the headstock, even though it's a P/J. It's got a pretty slim neck and is quite versatile tonally. If I get a chance I'll try to take some photos!

Chris :D
________
Volcano classic review

Magnus,
This probably isn't quite the bass you're looking for, but it's a PJ so I thought I'd show it off anyway. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos....

100_2322.jpg

100_2321.jpg

100_2318.jpg

100_2317.jpg

100_2316.jpg

100_2315.jpg

:D
________
Honda ch250

Nice bass! :) CAR (MR) is such a great colour.
Is the bridge original?
Mine is the other way around, that is a P bass with a jazz pup as opposed to a J bass with a P pup. It's at the tech place getting a new scratchplate fitted but as soon as it's back home I'll post some pics!

/Magnus

Back