I am sorry, but I have to bring this one up once more:

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice ash body, so it could be an ST60 or 80 even!! even if it has been routed for a humbucker it should be a great guitar. Well done for getting it cheap :D

It's a 50, embossed in the last fret. Any idea which pickguard is the original? 8-hole?

I paid about the same price the last owner paid for the pick up set. So I consider it a good deal:)

They look like EMGs? I bought an ESP Strat fitted with EMGs last year. Luckily I managed to sell the whole scratchplate & pickups for about ?100, which was enough money to buy some decent pickups.

:wink: :p

SleazyJesus said:
It's a 50, embossed in the last fret. Any idea which pickguard is the original? 8-hole?

Yes, it's a 50s Strat copy, so it should have an 8 hole single ply white scratchplate. If the model number is stamped on the fretboard, I think that means it's a 1978 or 79.

They look like EMGs? I bought an ESP Strat fitted with EMGs last year. Luckily I managed to sell the whole scratchplate & pickups for about ?100, which was enough money to buy some decent pickups.

That is also what I have in mind, either sell it or trade with some guy who likes this active ****:)

It seems a bit hard to get the original set, but I will get a black 8 hole at least, and put in some quarter punders or something - far from original - but its a ******* and i think it will suit it perfectly. When I started the search for a strat copy - and ended here, I figured a black body with red pearl or tortoise and lip sticks, but I think this one wil have to be "rougher":D

Yes, it's a 50s Strat copy, so it should have an 8 hole single ply white scratchplate. If the model number is stamped on the fretboard, I think that means it's a 1978 or 79.

Thanks!

Back