When was this hardpuncher borned?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henka

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a new tokai enthuiast, and I'm in very need of help with this one.
I'm looking for some answers about when the bass was made, and maybe how much it's worth. I gave $30 for it, and I love the sound on it

can somebody help me?

-Henrik

30230800vd2.jpg

58244923rr4.jpg

66939539tf1.jpg

61598551er9.jpg

62792637wr6.jpg

19787909pd4.jpg

haha.
But what is it actually worth(aproximitly)?

I`m not gonna sell it, no way, but it`s nice to know.
I`m picking up the original case for it tomorrow :)

These are difficult times but I'd say at least ?300-?400 on ebay as it's one of the high end models.
A Music Shoppe in Sweden would probably try to get SEK6000, they normally charge around 5000 for a PB40 (and as the sticker indicates yours is a PB70).

/Magnus

Magnus is right. I assume you have looked through the other recent posts? In this one you can see my Tokai Jazz:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11640

It recently cost me ?300, & it's a 45, so your 70 should be worth more. It should be better quality too. An original Tokai case? I think they are quite rare, so that would add at least ?50 to it's value.

That's why I'm jealous. :evil: Where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking?

$30 sounds like an amazing price, even if it were the lowest MIJ model (which yours doesn't appear to be) and if it weren't one of the late 70s/80s ones (which yours appears to be, judging by the headstock). sounds like a total score to me. :)

Nice deal!
That's a high-end Tokai, (circa 1982?) and probably worth a bit more with the "spaghetti-type" logo. It's good it's still got it's sticker--don't ever remove it! It's got better tuners and bridge than the standard models, and that looks like a nice 2 piece body. Hard to know exactly what it's worth until you sell it--exchange rates and prices are all over the place these days with the world economy in shambles... I think I saw a PB-60 sell on ebay for about $550US this summer (before the market crash), with $120 shipping from Japan--still less than one might expect.

Keep it and enjoy! (or sell it to me for $40! :lol: )
Chris
________
Reinsurance advice

stratman323 said:
That's why I'm jealous. :evil: Where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking?

hehe.
I got this of a guy I used to know, and I had to get a bass for the marching band I instruct (drumming instructor). They had a Fender Musicmaster 78, but they gave it to me a year ago, but now they needed a bass again. I didn't wanna give my fender back, so I ask my old friend if I could buy his old bass wich he didn't use.. I didn't think it was a good bass..
But now I have to get ANOTHER bass again for my marching band ;)

Back